Chapter 10 Without you.

It was partially cloudy when Kristy Ulla showed up at 4P.M., she rented an orange van to fit whatever would be loaded. Chase (with hair dyed black and now 17) had his driver's license so he drove over, wanting to hang out. But he saw a car in her driveway taking his blue Chevy blazer's spot, and it was filled. He walked up rang the doorbell.

"Red what---"

"I'm leaving!" she beamed,"Going home to Crystalline Waters!"

"You're going back to the village!?? What about me?"

/I'm not letting you run away./ he thought.

"Oh yeah, you. Um I'dn'know. Oh hey let's all go to the coffee shop." she skipped merrily inside, leaving him at the dark, wooden door.

	 Finished eating, the three friends walked out crossing the street

Finished eating, the three friends walked out crossing the street. Kris still holding her cup, "I design clothes for the small department shop by our old house. Sky does welding. Sapph has two jobs. Their cousin married his boyfriend. Um... oh yea Salleigh now lives plus works as a gymnast teacher in Esmeralda.

"Oh... that's like five towns away. Well I still can't wait to be with you guys again." she threw on her cover up as the wind was cold then frowned.

"Why don't you like it here?" the black hair son asked something she had been holding deep inside for eight
years. She didn't want to admit her feelings, mainly because she couldn't find the words to express it, but now she knew what to say & was time to let it all out.

"I.... can't take dealing with the crud I have for a long time.....I feel like I'm CRAZY! I don't like who I've been lately, and it seems as if there's something I'm missing from me other than who I really am. I just really want to leave this boring dust-carrier you call a city!" the emotions started breaking free from their bottle, Jacie put her hands forcibly on her head, tears dripping now as a slight February breeze kept their hair dancing in the middle of Suffard.

Kristy held her close, comforting her. Chase suddenly said, "I'm going with you for this once."

"Look, I don't care whether you do or not, I---" he took Jacie's unextended hand who then stole Kristy's, yanking them through and stumbling out to the rough sidewalk, "WAH! Waaiiit!!"

They ran to the house to say goodbye to the Chadiwecks, collected Aerglo, then got in the full fruity colored vehicle, buckling in. As Kristy turned on the engine, they hastily pulled out onto the road, tires screeching. In a dusty fog, they took off.

The highway drive was time-consuming. Enough time for anyone in the passenger seats to sleep it through. As soon as they were there at the single story building, they all put Jacie's stuff in her new room, then Kristy took the orange van to its owner. Sapphire spent her lunch from work to help her get home. Chase plopped on the couch still tired trying to shut his eyes, while Jay walked about thinking.... she felt so alone even though he was with her. The front lawn of her old house 1197E 5S2[3:)] East Court, playing in the forest around the pretty meadow, the edge of the neighborhood, then abruptly stopped. She suddenly remembered something. The rock necklace.... that isn't useless trash.... they're things she had found lying around, but she found them with someone special... it wasn't Skyke, Sapphire, or.... it was at the stream,

/"Playing with the fishies!" "Here! This's for you."/

She scratched open the bin with her pink box in it. The noisy rustling startled him, "What in the world are you digging for!?"

"Shush! I need---there!" she held the jewelry in her hands with a smile, closed her eyes then held it against her chest.

"The heck... is that?"

"Stupid, it's things I found in the cul-de-sac. See they're wrapped in wire!"

"Hm, fun." Chase looked at it then went back to his sleeping position. She followed with, "There's somebody I need to find. We used to play everyday as children. I'm gonna go out, wait here." It took a minute but he knew who she was talking about, "What's his name?"

"Um..I don't know"

"You kidding? You pretend someone's by your side yet you don't even give them a name!?" Jacie was so puzzled.

"I don't get it...."

"He's a figment of your imagination! Nobody but you sees him!"

"Those are just LIES!" she clenched herfists furiously.

"I bet you want him to be normal sooo bad, that, well what'd'ya gon'do? Give him true love's kiss?"

Then Jay ran weeping through the front around to the backyard where no one lived behind them, she would be by herself with wide open land and fireflies before her. Head down, her eyes gradually fading from fuchsia to dark magenta to pale rose while she thought of the times they drew on the front porch, she slept in the crevice of his arm, when he gave her the iridescent pebble.... he was very clearly in front of her, yet he didn't ever actually feel like anything!

/How could he not really be there??? How does that make any sense!? Is he some kind of illusion? But.... he was so comforting... now he's gone./

"Enggh!" Jay whimpered, "Why!!? You're the closest friend I've got! This isn't fair!" if he ever came back, she wanted to touch him, hear his breath, smell his hair, to not pretend. Wanted it more and more each second.

/Whatever you are, you're my best friend and I wish you were here to tell me everything's gonna be fine. I can't do a thing without you. Please... I don't want to be on my own anymore...../