Chapter 9 Unhappy

In the small city of Suffard, it was the last day of school. After living there for almost two years Jacie had a good time although she felt lonely. She walked out of the building with the other eleven year olds including her lifelong bully.

"Loony girl!" he shouted behind.

"Ugggh....." she whined.

"Can I sit next to you on the bus?"

"I've told you, you will NEVER sit by me for ANY reason!"

"But I've missed you. Our moms got the same job so we could be together but you have ignored me since the beginning of sixth grade."

/He /MISSED/ me!?! Yeah sure... And hasn't Miss Swipingger realized that I HATE her son?/ she said in her mind. She looked back at his puppy dog face from the last step of the yellow vehicle, giving in. Only for this ride home.

"Fine, but don't get used to it. ButtFace."

Once they got to his stop, she sat back sighing with relief.

***

Idwin's feet rose and fell in the third floor's open hallway to the bed chamber next to his. Pressing the knob, exposing its emptiness-flooded in the sun's glow, this would be Jacinth's room. Since he found out that Jay forgot all about him, whenever he'd long for her greatly, he would shoot a star across the sky hoping she might see one and remember then wish for his return. He stood there in silence until Angel told him that they had been appointed to save a dragon from a famished griffin below in Servisty. Idwin hesitated. Lightly sighed, "Okay, let's go."

The two positioned themselves on the hill peering over at the white ground of a rhinestone mine. Off the bottom of the hill sat an isolated farm where the dragon's little shriek sounded. The griffin had gone before they found her, red, theg size of a teacup, left wing with a bite out of it. Angel gently picked her up and they decided to move the defenseless creature to a diminutive area filled with sparkling rose bushes. Idwin knew there a human girl would care for her.
The teen was walking along empty minded, suddenly she heard the dragon sneeze. She kneeled down, "Hello. I think I'll call you, Skyra."

Idwin smiled. Both could tell this job was done. Angel noted his face, "It's refreshing to see you joyful."

"It certainly feels nice. But we gotta go!"

***

Over the summer, Swipingger showed more kindness to her as much as she hated it.

/It's just to mess with me, like always./ yet throughout seventh grade, they sat together every chance there was. He was maturing, hurting her less, talking about his future, showing Jay some song he was writing hopeful to work for a band someday. She always had a hard time believing he actually enjoyed spending moments with someone he seemed to dislike.

In Suffard, Jacie had always been socially awkward with the others making it harder on the last of her childhood, although she didn't mind much any longer since Chase kept his promises of not being so mean, yet it was all a ruse. In Crystalline Waters, Kristy, Sapphire, and Salleigh patiently waited for every phone call from their friend saying they could play. They couldn't see the other often anymore and as the Chadiweck parents were nearing even older age, they never really drove anywhere except to work. So every time the companions hung out, was more special to them than ever before yet Chase hanging out with her weighed on them, they tried to address he wasn't any good nevertheless she wouldn't listen, thinking she truly liked him.

***

There was not any word from the messengers on the Fairmaides for years. The king assumed they'd given up on the Pendant, leaving them at ease. That evening, Angel walked into throne room.

"I think he's gotten better coping with it." she said.

"Good. Go make sure he is still well, he hasn't come out in a while." She nodded, strolling down the long hall, knocked gently on the brown, heavy door.

"Yes?" Angel took her time entering the green painted walls. He was leaning against the opened, tall window holding a unfolded letter.

"Do I even need to wonder who that's from?"

"It's about her. She... and Stupid-ger..... ew ugh!" he grunted, throwing the paper up in the air angrily, watching it float down onto the glossy floor under him. "He's her new best friend and I don't like it."

"Breathe, Id. I told you not to receive notes about her secretly from the courier dragon. It only makes you even more upset."

Idwin took a deep breath, "We both know that's why Mr. Munelit won't let me. But I want to see how she is regardless of it being frustrating."

"Perhaps you should bathe and go to bed. Soothing, warm water will calm you down."

"Yeah. Well goodnight, Ang." They hugged and left the other alone while he went to his privy chamber to draw his bath.

***

At eighteen years of age, everything dragged on. The young lady who used to be so happy now had dark emotions almost everyday. She wore the same purple with stars shirt but began wearing a long, black cover up, black painted nails, and eye shadow. She did not care what anybody thought, she felt better acting like a loner. Given having a fond relationship with Chase, even her new job at their local library, nothing really brought her joy. Mrs. Chadiweck was around a lot more often, usually writing something. Neither husband nor child questioned what she worked on, she would tell them when she was ready to say. A couple of weeks after Jacie's birthday, the old couple said that they had called Kristy to have their daughter stay with her. Kristy and Sapphire were in their twenties living their own so they gladly welcomed their friend in with them. Jacie wondered why the fart buckets didn't want her anymore, but decided not to say anything outloud, figuring it was because the ladies could take care of her better now anyway.

With an extra sleeping quarters she could take all of her stuff with her even finish with homeschool (she couldn't take being around the other kids). It only took her few hours to get everything packed so she thought it would be nice to check the pink jewelry box lying on top of the vanity pile. She reached in the untaped cardboard and sat on the soft carpet. Pulling out various chains, earrings, charms, something under a satin purple cloth....hang on... it was a iridescent pebble and some random junk tied to a glittery navy string. *Duh da duh dellll* Kristy's ringtone played. The cellphone showed her text, 'Hello Jay-ah! I'm free today, so just call if you're ready." She was incredibly glad that she was able to buy her own phone recently, she snapped it, put her things away then sealed the bin, studied the room, finally, called stating she was done.