like a prayer • rp

sad fluff - level 2

like a prayer • robert plant +
jimmy page

•2/3•

play music above for better experience

• play music above for better experience •

While down below the trees,

Bathed in cool breeze,

Silver starlight breaks down from night,

And so we pass on by the crimson eye

Of great God Mars

As we travel the universe

☮ ☮ ☮

The pain was incessant and unforgiving, shooting up through the tips of your toes and making home in your head, as a throbbing migraine. It hurt to breathe, each inhale felt like a punch in the gut and every exhale was a million thorns cavorting about your lungs.

You seldom rose from your spot in bed, only to use the restroom and wash yourself, which never went good. The minute the water would hit your skin, you'd sink to the floor and wilt into yourself, cowering into a ball. You'd cry until you passed out. When you awoke, you were met with ice cold water and an exorbitant water bill.

Soon enough you stopped showering and eating all together, just pathetically curled up in a fetal position, staring out the window until you succumbed to fatigue. The pain seemed to go on forever, never abandoning you, not even in slumber.  James Patrick Page terrorized your dreams, never leaving your mind.

It consumed you. As you slowly withered into a pathetic excuse of a woman, you could only imagine how Jimmy must be thriving with you off the radar. You saw his new woman soaking in the tub that you and Jimmy shared many romantic nights together in. She frolicked about the garden of the Plumpton manor, the same garden that you slaved months over, nursing to its zenith of beauty. They made sweet love in the bed you felt home in, you could see it, you could practically feel it.

The phone incessantly rang as you were swallowed in your thoughts. You made no move to answer, waiting for the caller give up. But they never did. Each time the ringing would stop, they'd call again, filling your room with an annoying hum.

Finally giving in, you pulled the phone to your ear.

"Hello darling."

It was a voice you recognized instantly and if you weren't living your worst nightmare, you would've broke out into a grin.