Chapter 4 {Getting Even With Your Boss}

A/N: Hey guys, I didn't expect this chapter to be very long while I was writing. So embrace yourself. This is chapter four. Enjoy! 😊

(Y/N) was afraid that she made her boss angry as she wasn't excepting him to come to her office. She stays put as she didn't know what to do or how to get out of this situation without upsetting her boss. Jaden was calling her name as he was checking to see if (Y/N) as there or if she's ok.

"Hey, (Y/N) you ok?" Jaden asked as he was still on the line.

"I got to go." (Y/N) whispered on the phone.

"Who's on the line?" Aster asked which made (Y/N) nervous.

"It's the secretary from another company." (Y/N) replied with a lie as she didn't want to get in trouble.

"Put it on speaker." Aster said as he didn't believe her answer.

"It's not neces..." (Y/N) said as she tried to make up an excuse but her boss interrupted her.

"That's an order (Y/N)!" Aster raised his voice which (Y/N) sigh and put the call on speaker.

"Hello (Y/N)?" Jaden said as Aster recognize Jaden's voice.

"Jaden?" Aster said which Jaden can hear his friend from the call.

"Hey, Aster!" Jaden said as he was on speaker.

"Why are you talking to Jaden?" Aster asked as he gave her a cold glare while (Y/N) looked down.

"Oh, I can explain. I call (Y/N) because I wanted to set up the meeting at your company." Jaden said which (Y/N) feel safe when Jaden answered to her boss's question.

"Where's your secretary?" Aster asked.

"She's not here today so I'm taking her place today." Jaden said.

"*sigh* So when is the meeting?" Aster asked.

"I planned on coming on April the seventh at nine. I will send the list of people who will attend." Jaden said

"Alright, I'll have my secretary put on my schedule." Aster said as his eyes are still glued to (Y/N).

"Ok then. Bye (Y/N) and Aster." Jaden said as he hung up.

The room went silent as (Y/N) still looked down on the ground while Aster as his eyes on her.

"I want you in my office now!" Aster yelled at (Y/N) as she still looked down.

He left the room as (Y/N) stood up from her chair and followed him after. She was very scared for her boss as he was furious at (Y/N). They both went inside his office and slammed the door close. (Y/N) stood up and looked down as she was few feet away from her boss's desk. Aster sat on his chair and facing (Y/N) as his blue eyes were filled with anger.

"(Y/N), I'm very disappointed and angry in you. I can't believe that you're slacking off during your work hours. What do you have to say yourself?" Aster said.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Phoenix." (Y/N) said as she bowed down to her boss.

"Next time if I see you slacking off again I'll cut your paycheck for a week." Aster said as (Y/N) clench her fists.

"Yes, Mr. Phoenix." (Y/N) said as she stood up.

"Leave now, and I want my paperwork in my office before you leave this building." Aster said as (Y/N) nodded and left her boss's office.

Time-Skip to Lunch Break

Outside of the back of the company, there is a courtyard for the workers to hang out during their lunch break. There are a couple of trees and benches around the courtyard. A small building it's a cafe for coworkers to buy their lunch and also to eat inside. (Y/N) and Mindy went outside as they sat on the bench while having a tree used to be their shade.