Chapter 16 {Dealing With Envy}

A/N: Hey guys this is chapter sixteen so enjoy! 😊

(Y/N) panicked as Aster came in unexpectedly. Jesse looked back at (Y/N) as he doesn't know what's going on.

"Aster, I didn't expect you to come in early." (Y/N) said stood up from her seat.

"I thought so too and it looks like I came in the wrong time." Aster said glaring at (Y/N).

'I'm so f**k.' (Y/N) ponder herself nervous about Aster's reaction.

"Hey, Aster it's been a while." Jesse said with a smile

"Same to you." Aster said in a monotone.

"You can join us since we're all friends." Jesse said signaling him to sit on the booth.

Aster sigh as he quietly sat down next to Jesse.

"Why are you here? Don't you have somewhere else to be?" Aster asked with an attitude.

"Well, I wanted to hang out with Bella since it's the only time she's available. She is a busy person having two jobs." Jesse replied.

"Oh is that so?" Aster said glared at (Y/N) who's rubbing her arm.

"Yup, I thought to make her job as a maid less stressful. She's really fun to talk with." Jesse said.

"You're being too nice." (Y/N) said smiling by his kindness.

"I'm not Bella." Jesse said.

"How did you two become friends?" Aster asked curiously.

"I was invited by Jaden to hang out in the cafe. We just settled down but Jaden left because of an interview. Luckily, Bella was there to talk to me and we get along pretty well. Since then I come in to visit Bella." Jesse replied.

'Jaden, you idiot!' Aster pondered himself annoyed that his friend caused this mess.

"Yeah, but it was sometimes... if Jesse has time." (Y/N) said reassuring Aster.

"By the way, Bella. Thanks for the blackberry pie yesterday, it was delicious." Jesse said turning to the maid.

'She made him a pie?!' Aster pondered himself irritated by this.

"*nervously laughed* It's no problem, I tried to make it the best I could." (Y/N) said didn't want to rub it in front of Aster.

"No, it's so tasty and it's the best pie I ever had." Jesse said happily.

"I wouldn't say it's the best. I don't know if it wasn't sweet enough." (Y/N) said.

"Don't be modest, the pie was so sweet like you." Jesse said flirting with her.

'Really?! He flirting with Bella right in front of me?!' Aster pondered himself as his anger grew.

"*giggles* Thanks for the compliment Jesse." (Y/N) said blushing a bit.

'Great, she accepted it.' Aster pondered himself as he rolled his eyes.

"Can you teach me? So that my pies can be yummy as yours." Jesse asked.

"Sure, I would love to. Just try not to burn it like how Jaden burn the chicken." (Y/N) said teasing him.

"*laughs* I won't. Trust me, I'm a fast learner so it won't be a problem. You could say I'll be your favorite student." Jesse said.

'Ugh, he's trying to impress her and it's annoying.' Aster pondered himself tapping the table with his index finger.

"*giggles* We'll see about that." (Y/N) said smiling at Jesse.