chapter three

-', Introducing Timotheé Chalamet as Miller Nightfall ,'-

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄𖣔༄
Arabella Hastings, you are something else
_____•_____

Arabella did not pay the slightest attention to that hectic and heated female discussion that her group of friends shared during the morning break. If she was to be honest, she hadn't had much interest in what made up the morning of that day. She had been quiet, lost in the recesses of her head exploring the wildest scenarios of what would come her way in the afternoon.

She arrived home as early as she could, at her mother's strict request, and preparations to fix her were soon underway. They prepared a warm bathtub and clean, new clothes for her. They bathed her in detail, every tiny part of her skin until it was fresh and shiny, and they showered her hair with fragrant oils of all kinds of flowers, leaving it extremely fragrant and soft. They dressed her with delicacy to preserve the immaculate presence of the folds on her dress and finally gave her the final touch with a French perfume that gave off the scent of almond and strangely reminded her of home.

Her sister took the time to brush her hair and comb it while from her lips came a familiar sweet melody that she had once heard when she was at a very tender age and the memory echoed in her memory. Against her mother's wishes, Violet insisted on placing a sublime wild rose next to her temple to give a nice touch to an overly sober children's hairstyle.

Standing in front of the cracked mirror in her room, Bella could barely recognize her silhouette reflected in the translucent glass. She was taller, her back way too straight and had that sad look on her face that could not give a more accurate impression than that of a wretched lady inflicted to go against her wishes, and she would not lie, that was truly her situation.

Violet approached her and wrapped both arms around her waist, dropping her chin on her little sister's shoulder in what could be called a half embrace. Contrary to Bella's own opinion, Violet smiled satisfied with the result.

"You are beautiful, as beautiful as ever" she said.

"Beautiful and wretched" added Bella, and Violet snorted with bewilderment.

"Wretched" she said, "how at such a young age do you think you know the feeling of wretchedness?"

"Is not wretchedness then what I feel? Is not wretchedness this feeling of imprisonment and deep sorrow, with that desire not to comply with orders with which you are not comfortable? To go to that place, the place I least want to be when Anne invited me to join her and Diana for tea."

"Tea?" she scoffed slightly.

Bella nodded.

"Tea" she repeated in desbelief, "arent you all grown up ladies now? "