chapter nineteen

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍family isn't just through blood links(Ps: long chapter)______•______

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
family isn't just through blood links
(Ps: long chapter)
______•______

The next morning of the ball was brought with an apology from Miller, which Bella accepted in her redemption and her effort to get things right without refuting or looking for excuses to do otherwise. She had learned enough in the evening from her hosts to let a slight fault ruin her positive aura.

The morning rose opaquely with the news of the farewell of Miss Stacy who after a very painful and short time walked away by the diligence of a people who refused to change. Bella came to the conclusion that living in such place meant been trapped in time, refusing to move forward, and being honorable part of the boring status quo. Things Bella didn't want to be partidiary about, not in the least. She had learned that selfishness and traditionalism brought nothing good with it. Only bad omens of those who she had had enough of those days.

Miller, Poppy, Bella and Gilbert embarked on the biggest adventure they could have lived in at the time. Find Bash, bring him home and show him that the family was not just based on blood bounds. Gilbert redeemed himself from his selfish deeds that had caused a number of issues to those he loved and who had had immense patience for him with his dreams that he had barely noticed. It was his time to repair his damage and Bella was more than willing to help him and so she get out of her mind the bad times she had had to endure that hard week.

Once on the train, Bella was finally able to rest her head on Gilbert's shoulder as in the old days, knowing that she was quietly away from place that had caused her a fearsome penalty, at least for a short time to reflect. Surprisingly, Miller was kind and understanding to her. One hand rested on hers in comfort that Bella thanked for with a shy smile that disappeared while hiding her face in fear of being caught in the reddish tint of her cheeks.

Gilbert was watching something curiously out the window. Intrigued and at once surprised, he forced himself to open the window and stick his head out into the cold winter air to admire the memorable scene that was unfolding before his eyes. Bella joined him, acquiring the same surprise while sharing a smile of disbelief.

"They are a case" Bella said as she re-entered.

"I won't deny it to you" Gilbert replied, taking his place once more.

He had the same smile she had often observed many other times invade his face when he thought of a certain character whom he denied having that strange affection that he could not yet clearly decipher. Bella smiled at him, knowing well the cause of that joy.

Arriving at the station, Gilbert and the small group clustered at the car gate where they had seen the cautious entrance of those stowaways who were strangely familiar to them. The door opened and revealed them, trapped in fraganti with faces of disbelief and surprise in the presence of their friends in such a less anticipated place.