chapter twenty

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘𖣔༄brand new life, isn't it?______•_______

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘𖣔༄
brand new life, isn't it?
______•_______

Bella folded her skirts tightly to both of her hands and headed down Avonlea's most venturous path. The same undergrowth-filled, scrawny road she had taken that time she had returned from London and had attended school for the first time in a long and mortifying time. The word time caused a cold wave down her spine; it seemed that time had passed so slightly that she had not noticed it. The years had passed quickly as the passing of the seasons, such as the current of a river in summer or the flying of the leaves with the first spring wind. It seemed that it was so recently that she was crying out of pity before her mother in the most ardiante desire she had ever been experienced while refusing to go to a place. Now, after about three years and more, it seemed that the disastrous and inevitable passage of time was almost not real.

Still, seeing her reflection in the new mirror in the hairdresser in her room, she kept visualizing the same little girl she had always been; even, with time against her as it concerned her next birthday. She would soon be seventeen, which to her sounded like an eternity. A little girl's own thought that ties to that ferocious violent accumulation of years; little experience in that aspect had always terrified her. She would have to admit that soon she would no longer be that little girl, a sweet, childlike soul, who had always treasured so much but would become the miss, lady and woman that her family had so carefully built for the outside world to her little island in the middle of the Gulf of St. Lawrence.

As for that future, don't get your hopes up too high; reader, Mrs. Catelyn Hastings was still dreaming of the fanciful idea of sending her daughter to the etiquette school in Paris or perhaps the London Ladies' Training and Etiquette School in Windsor. Although her beloved daughter had the most cherished intention of attending Queens as soon as the school year was over. The influence to make that idea come true was more due to Anne, Diana, Gilbert and Poppy who could not resist the idea of spending the college years separated from their dear friend.
I comment, reader, as it is essential to the development of this act; to emphasize the more developed and intimate bond that they had formed with the year that had passed after the development of the events of the last act. Poppy and Bella had become so close that they resembled sisters, attending all sorts of art exhibitions and plays in that previous year; Diana and Anne had involved her in their constant adventures without missing that one that turned out wrong and ended up in serious trouble, but I will tell you that they had not lacked for fun; Anne had cared for many new lessons and Bella believed that her immense affection for her grew every day a little more until she reached the point of thinking that this affection would be irrevocably the cause of future long term consequences; Gilbert had made Bella part of his little new family that she felt as intimately connected to him as she had never felt before and she was so happy in the joy of having two such loving families. The contrast that the two emanated from each other gave vitality to her loving being and gave her the love she needed to feel she had it all. And, reader, I assure you that I will not forget Miller. I'll just tell you about it soon, that's a bit of a larger story that requires other imaginative resources.