chapter twenty six

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐒𝐈𝐗𖣔༄terrible desicions _______•_______

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐒𝐈𝐗𖣔༄
terrible desicions
_______•_______

Bella had arrived on time. Nor is it that there was an eventuality in which she turned out to be punctual. That would be singularly peculiar.

"Have you seen Anne, Bella?" Asked a worried Marilla, "You can't let the girl have her freedom, she gets lost immediately. Could she be in a ditch now?"

"I'm sure she is alright, Miss Cuthbert. You know how she is. She may be daydreaming somewhere" assured Bella with a comforting smile, "I'm pretty sure she'll be here soon."

"Bella" called Gilbert in what seemed a tone of perfect mixture of exasperation and shy excitement.

"Blythe" she said, trying to repress her poor motivation for the situation she found herself in. She glanzed at the girl that hanged by his arm. She felt like the temperature may have raisen in the short distance they shared. Her tone was quite less interested but yet polite, "And companion"

"Bella, this is..."

"Oh, of course. Gilbert's lovely gal" Bella said with a soft interest, "Is it Wanda?"

The girl, who was in question, a tall and slender woman at a somewhat early age of adulthood but who already demonstrated features of maturity and the warm feeling of concern for a life of her own, a feeling which attached to the gentle features of her face. She was not at all unpleasant, since she possessed an incalculable beauty in her soft figure, the inveterate elegance that she radiated, the smoothness of her movements and her polite and never exaggerated expressive gestures, the serious sweetness of her face with its high cheekbones, her discreet rosy lips and the elusive blond curls that escaped her intrepid and polite hairstyle. Those pastel blue eyes, like the sky on the best days of summer, looked at her with exhaustive interest and quiet curiosity. She was the most perfect of what the people of the time called the best suitor and bachelorette; the best prospect and ideal of a future wife.

She opened her eyes wide when she heard such a name that was not her own, and Bella knew it. Gilbert negotiated with great disappointment.

"Actually, Winnifred. I've already told you, Bella."

"Oh yes, of course. My apologies," she said as she giggled, "Many names. One doesn't always remember them."

"No, it's completely fine. I understand," completed the girl before Gilbert could interrupt them, "I'm Winnifred Rose."

Arabella saw the hand that she had held out to her with great suspicion, it was a long elegant hand with perfect fingers that stretched out to her with a strange desire to complete the touch with that of Bella, which was far from being fulfilled.