chapter four

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𖣔༄sorrow in it's best form_____•_____

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𖣔༄
sorrow in it's best form
_____•_____

"Oh, Gil, you have no idea how much I hate that snotty, spoiled Miller Nightfall" She fell onto the chair with a tired scunk, "He's a prejudiced, stuck-up child. I hate him, I really can't hate a creature more than him."

Gilbert laughed indiscreetly beside her as he swayed the contents of a pot that smelled great.

"What are you laughing at?" she complained.

"Nothing. Just that you tend to exaggerate things so I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually a really nice person."

Bella looked at him in disbelief, outraged, and certainly offended by the lack of confidence Gilbert had in her judgment. She knew that he had a judgment a thousand times more complete and concrete than hers, yet the comment caused her nothing but irrational anger and hasty contradiction to his words.

"Gilbert, I adore you but you are too innocent and good. Miller Nightall is repulsive, and there is no other more correct opinion of his person" she stated with confidence, another laugh escaped Gilbert's lips, "Enough, look of how you are swaying that. Here, I'll do it. Better go get some more firewood, will you?"

Gilbert submissively dropped the spoon and Bella took it instantly. Gilbert knew Bella's ways, she was determined and very stubborn, he wouldn't go against her way of being so he would rather leave her and contemplate her actions. He secretly enjoyed that this was the case, one of the few women he enjoyed her character from.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Go on, now."

Gilbert had been left unconsciously admiring her. He shook his stupor and smiled obediently.

"Your orders are my command, miss."

Bella urged him to walk out by guiding him from behind. He used to be very slow in following orders if he wasn't constantly being urged, and Bella knew that well.

"It's all right, Bell, I can walk."

"It seems that you can't."

As soon as he came out, Bella laid the apron on her skirts and pulled her hair up with a ribbon to keep it from falling into the broth in the pot. She swayed it with delicacy as she remembered her sister Caterina had indicated long ago, she could remember in detail how she enjoyed cooking and how much time she used to spend there surrounded by cooks and maids; laughing and learning from their recipes. She served certain spices that she found fused together and continued in her duty to sway it with care. She was careful to prepare a good meal for Mr. Blythe. She wanted to impress him, no doubt.