SIX

Fifteen days passed in the blink of an eye

The comforting daily routine of chores and training alongside Tanjiro were moments that Naminé cherished, thankful that even Nezuko grew accustomed to her presence among them. She prided herself on no longer viewing Nezuko in the same light as demons who gleefully killed humans like that beast back on the mountain. In her eyes, Nezuko was still very much human. Especially with the way the young girl seemed fascinated by Naminé's hair, always gently pulling at it to let her know that she wished to braid it.

Sitting just on the edge of the doorway enough so that she could view Tanjiro hanging damp linens on the clothing line and allow for Nezuko to be protected in the shadows of the house, the young girl ran her clawed fingers through her pale hair, attempted to form some sort of braid around the crown of her head while much of it still fell down her back.

Frustrated grunts came from Nezuko, Naminé assuming that her braiding was not exactly how she envisioned it.

"I don't mind staying here if you want to start over again," Naminé offered, earning another round of sparkles in the girl's eyes, Nezuko quickly undoing everything she had done in few swift motions.

The sound of wind chimes rang in the air.

Spying someone approaching the home, Naminé ushered Nezuko inside before walking up next to Tanjiro to greet the man.

"I wonder if Urokodaki was expecting anyone."

"It's already been some time since we left the selection. Maybe it's--"

The sound of chimes cut her off, the man now close enough to where she could spy the strange clown mask he wore. The chiming was coming from the wide-brimmed hat he wore, falling silent as he spoke.

"My name is Haganezuka. I am the one that has forged the blade that will be used by Kamado Tanjiro and Yamada Naminé."

"I am Kamada Tanjiro!"

"I am Naminé. Thank you for working so tirelessly in our favor."

"Please, come in and have a seat," Tanjiro offered, though he was quickly ignored by the blacksmith as he laid his things on the dirt.

"This is the nichirin blade--"

"Uhm, please come in and have a seat--"

"I forged this blade--"

"I'll make some tea--"

Neither of them will ever stop, Naminé thought, casting a shaky smile between the two. This will go on forever.

"The nichirin blades' raw materials are iron sand and ore from the highest mountain that is closest to the sun. Scarlet crimson iron sand and scarlet crimson ore--they are materials that have absorbed the sunlight."