THIRTY FOUR

A month passed before Naminé could properly move her limbs, giving her a bit of freedom to explore within the estate

Aside from the daily visits from Himawari who resided in the house along with her, Shinobu and her helpers, Kiyo, Sumi, and Naho, there hadn't been a soul that was allowed on the estate's grounds. Only a handful of times did she bring up the idea of having her friends visit before Himawari threatened to pour more cold tea on her for suggesting it.

"Only when the toxins are completely gone will you be allowed visitors. Just bear with it a while longer."

Every time, she had to try and hold back her disappointment.

It was only nine days ago when the last of the black veins finally disappeared from her body, thankful to find every trace of their existence gone. Though it seemed that Rui's strings left behind a few permanent scars where the webs dug deep into her back, now forever a reminder of what happened that night on the mountain.

It had also been a month and a half since she had seen her friends' faces. If it hadn't been for the young girls updating her on their condition, she would have probably gone mad inside the estate. Apparently, Inosuke and Zenitsu were a little unmotivated to regain their strength while Tanjiro was working day and night to try and master a new breathing technique.

That's just like him.

With her limbs still stiff, she had plenty of time to sit and think about them all day--using the idea of seeing them again as motivation to take care of herself and get better soon.

And then maybe . . .

Tanjiro's smiling visage seemed to overwhelm her mind most days. Thinking of it now, a deep blush pooled within her cheeks at the thought of what it might feel like once they reunite.

Maybe then I can . . .

"I can go outside today?!"

Naminé almost thought she misheard her master when Himawari told her over breakfast that she could walk the estate grounds.

A small smirk picked up the edge of her sensei's mouth from seeing her clumsy reaction. "Yes, but only within the estate grounds. Master Oyakata will be paying you a visit today. I have left a fresh yukata out on the bed for you to change into for when he comes. Take this time to enjoy yourself. The fresh air is medicine all on its own."

"Thank you, Master!" she cried out, rising from the table and giving a quick bow before excitedly exiting the room, nearly tripping from the energetic movements, her master's giggles echoing back in the room.

Once inside her room, she hobbled over to the bed and marveled at the yukata Himawari chose for her to wear. It was a delicate white fabric with lilac and mauve designs stitched to resemble flowers, the patterns gathering mostly around the sleeves and bottom of the ensemble. It was a struggle to get into it on her own, but she certainly didn't want to call for help--there had been far too much of herself exposed for others to see the past few weeks as is while she couldn't move.