THIRTEEN

"BLOOMING CYCLONE!"

"BLOOMING CYCLONE!"

The cries of the demon girl were muffled within the cyclone's powerful winds, the hiss of the wisteria burning and slicing against its skin like the chorus of a thousand dying snakes. The temari balls she threw were redirected due to the force of the attack--thankfully. Naminé would not have been able to dodge their violent blow while there was hardly any feeling in her legs and arms.

Her lungs heaved for air. The ringing in her ears was deafening enough to block out the sound of her screams now. The pulse beneath her skin pounded so furiously that she was afraid every vein may snap. But what hurt the worst was by far her screaming muscles. The might of the cyclone was enough to make her feel as if every bit of her might fall to pieces at any moment.

"I'll kill you! You're dead, dead, dead!!" The demon girl screamed within the hurricane, agony behind every word.

If this demon really was some sort of apprentice to Muzan, she wouldn't expect this move to take her down. Not without some help, at least. But now she would have to be smart--there wasn't much more she could give without worsening her already frail condition.

We have to get rid of that arrow demon. I have to trust that Tanjiro can handle it. For now . . .

Her grip stilled on the hilt, forcing her muscles to bend to her will as she straightened her back, bringing back the blade just as the temari balls rounded the hurricane, the arrows slicing through them heading straight towards her.

I have to kill this demon!

Dodging past one temari, she sliced through the center of the second and dodged the third, barely able to avoid the fourth as she bent her back in an unnatural manner, the sudden shift sending strings of pain through the injuries lining her waist from the swamp demon.

When she stood straight again, another temari was only three inches from her face.

Panic gripped her throat, knowing she wouldn't react in time to avoid it--the clasp around her neck reminding her too much of how it felt when it was Muzan's hand there.

The cyclone and its blossoms vanished just as the bloodied demon girl grinned down at her demise.

"I don't care if I'm supposed to keep you alive! I'll just drag your body and your head back to him!!"

The colorful temari was just about to graze her nose when it was quickly replaced with a foot--one kicking away the dangerous toy.

"Nezuko!" Naminé exclaimed, watching the ball fly back to somewhere in the yard--no arrow attached. Tanjiro must have found the arrow demon.

A harsh crash came from somewhere in the blossoms, Naminé turning to find the demon slayer on her mind being flung through the air forcibly by a bright arrow, its sudden turns painfully yanking his body all around.