FOUR: Your Dilemma

Sorry, I am your dilemma; sorry, I can't make
up; sorry, I'm unforgivable; sorry I am no more at peace; sorry, you gotta bear; sorry, I dread you now"

————-

"Hello?" I heard a faint voice from the other end.

hmm. Who could it be.

I was about to say something when the person spoke again.

"Tee?" And I recognized the voice instantly.

"Anty..." My heartbeat crescendoed

"Wh-Where" Her voice faded and I sensed trouble.

"Anty, what's wrong. Why do yon sound so worried?" I became tense.

She disconnected the call withont another word and that was enough to make me want to appear at home at that very moment.

Anty Salima was my paternal aunt and we lived in the same area. She was the younger and only
sibling of Abba. She was the nicest being I had ever known. In fact, she was my favorite. Abba was all she got after their father's demise. She never hid anything from him.
Though their mother was still alive, Anty was very close to Abba, he was like a mentor to her. They loved each other a lot. Their mother had always wanted them to live with her forever, but it was not possible.

Anty Salima had three children. The first born Ya Ali, was a year older than Ya Farhan and he had twins as his immediate and only siblings. The twins were both girls, Hanna and Nana who were just a month older than me. I had always told Anty that my first born would be twins,when I get married and she would laugh and call me a Copyeat.

She asked why..that could only mean one thing.
My absence has been noticed.

I tremblcd as I gave Mr, Arrogant back his phone. I could not even thank him as I had lost my voice.

"Why do you look sick? What's wrong?" He asked in a confused tone.

"Nothing, sorry..I..need to leave now." I stammered.

"You can't go out of this place now , it's really late. Tell me, who answered the call?" He jumped down from the short fence and stood my way.

"Let me speak to them." He offered in concern.

"Don't bother. I think something happened. I really need to go. Thanks for everything, I.."

"Il go with you then" He did not allow me to finish.

"No no..l really will be fine. Please." Tears began to well np my eyes.

"C'mon, you can't go alone. Il's not safe. Let's get going."

how can a person be so nice to a total stranger?

We walked side by side, conscious of our surrounding. The eriminals might still be on the run. Every step I took, inereased my heartbeat. There was this big lump that hung up my throat and I found it hard to breath. I became panicky and so we had to stop halfway.

Panic attack..not now, please.

My panic attacks usually surfaced whenever I was alone in the dark. The last time I experienced a panic attack was a year ago, when the power of the house went out and I saw my monster with his signature smirk, at a corner in the sitting room. Maami had some evening meeting, while Hanif was at a friend's house, so I was the only one at home.