TWENTY TWO: Nothing More

Hope he's not sleeping here
He shouldn't even think of it...

I took a quick shower and launched one of my new pjs since the weather was a little cozy. I lied down after I had said my supplications.

The next morning, I woke up to the morning azan from my phone.

"Praise is to Allah Who gives us life after He has caused us to die and to Him is the return." I mumbled and went into the bathroom.

I came out to realize that the nylon bag was still there.

He didn't sleep here
Could this be for me..

I opened the nylon to reveal a bag which looked like a laptop's.

Gasp..please let it be a laptop
Let it be mine..Ya Rabb Ya Rabb

It was really a laptop, a brand new apple laptop with it's charger, and a modem stick. Before I could think of anything, I heard a soft knock on my door and went to open it.

"Peace be unto you." He said as he came in view.

"Peace be unto you too." I replied

Ohmilawd
I forgot to put everything back in place
I pray he's not here for it

"How was your night?" He asked with a small smile

"Alhamdulillah. Yours?"

"Same. How do you like it?"

"Huh? What?"

"The system. I could replace it with another if you don't like it."

"You. Mean the laptop. Is for me!? I..." He nodded and I leaned up and pecked him. ON THE LIPS!

My action surprised me and, he stood there, his eyes about to leave their sockets. My hands flew to my mouth and I rushed back inside to shut the door. I locked it, I had to.

••••••••

It had been a week, seven days since after THE KISS. Everything became awkward, his behaviours towards me and everything. I hardly set my eyes on him and when I did, he never allowed us to have eye contact for up to three seconds. He ignored my presence and was always in his room.

Maybe he's upset
Maybe he thinks l took him for granted
God, I messed up

It was around 5:00pm and he was home and as usual, in his room. I braced up and went to his door. I didn't bother to knock because so many times I had knocked, so many times he ignored me. I turned the knob slowly and was lucky to find it open.
I slipped in to find him by the window which gave a beautiful view of the countryside.