FIVE: flutters & butterflies

Hanif...

His pink thin lips began to curve only to give a wry smile. He slammed the door to my face and left me motionless.

OK..I've had enough of him.

My nose flared up in anger as I found my way into the house and I almost bumped into Maami who was on her way to the sitting room.

"Maami, Assalamu Alaikum." I bowed a little

"You've finally decided to returm home. Welcome."

Her face was a bit pale. "Go help yourself with some  food." She said and left.

Didn't she call for me..?

I went to my room and did some little work of
rearrangement. I became bored after I had
remained in the room for almost and hour without any stuff to do. I installed the WhatsApp I had sent from Ya Ali's mobile and created my account. I still had enough airtime from my last recharge, so I used it to subscribe.
I sent 'hello' to the very few contacts I had. Just about five to six of my classmates, then the only Twins I knew and Ya Ali. I had many cousins from Maami's side, but I barely knew them. They never visited because most of them lived far from us. And whenever Maami
visited her siblings, she never took us, just on rare occasions.
The only relation of Maami that I knew well, was her elder sister who was very courteous and friendly. Maami usually took us to visit her every second day of Eid.

######

Anty Sarah had just two kids and they were both males. Their Dad was a great business tycoon who was always away to one country or the other.

Ya Munir was the shy type, but he was cool. He had the looks and the class. He was the type that never cared about the presence of girls, however hot they might be. He was three years younger than Ya Hãfeez and in his third year in a foreign College. He read chemical engineering.

While Ya Munir was a bit too reserved, his
younger brother, Ya Hãfeez was his exact opposite. He was in his second year in the same
college with his brother, but he lived a boisterous life. He was always at a party or the other in his expensive designer cars. I wondered where he got the license to drive. His parents were fine with his way of life, after all it was his teenage period.

Hehhe

######

While I serolled through my WhatsApp contacts to make sure I had chatted every one of them, I came across a contact I had totally forgotten about, Mr. Arrogant.

I had saved his number three days after Abba's
demise. I found it as the only strange number on  my call logs, so I concluded that it belonged to him.

I had always wanted to give him a call, or better yet, send him a short 'thank you' text, but would end up with a change of mind. Sometimes, I wished and waited for his call, but it never came to pass.

I quickly checked his profile and got disappointed with what I saw. It was some write up about success.

" Hm! Always lecturing." I twisted my lips
dramatically, as if he could see me.
I wanted to chat him up, but I doubted its
properness. After a few minutes of contemplation, I sent a 'Salam'.

I slept off while I waited for the short series of
beeps and vibrations I had always yearned for.
I woke up to the athan for noon prayer to see a a thread of replies on my chat.