FOURTEEN: Our Fears

"Because I like her!" He blurted out and looked away.

Owh Emmm Gee!!

"What!? You what!?" I searched his eyes when he looked back. I searched for a smirk or a scorn or anything but didn't find them.

"Say it again, Ya Farhan!!" I giggled but he looked away again and I saw something.

"Are you okay." I asked, afraid he might have changed his mind already.

"What if she doesn't like me back. What if she likes someone else." He bit his lower lip and nodded or shook his head. It was fear.

Fear of rejection.

"No. You don't have to fear. You don't have to be pessimistic." I inched closer to the burglars and continued.

"I mean you're a man right? You, can be her weakness. You, can make her fall for you." I surprised myself with these words.

He nodded with a tight smile and I prayed silently that this remains reality.

I wanted to go in there and pull him into a tight hug and scream "Mama's so proud of you baby" but sadly, neither could I get into the cell nor was I his Mama.

Means he's over that scumbag!!!!!

I left the station after I had promised him that my next visit would be with Neenah. I was more than happy.

I hummed into the room and everyone looked up or paused to look at me. It had been a while since when I looked that happy.

"Guys, why are we so boring. Let's play ahbeg." I changed into something more comfy and sat in the middle of the room. The whole room was carpeted so just anywhere was okay to sit.

"Okayy. No one's a baby like you. As you can see, we're all busy." Aysha sassed but I ignored her.

"Truth or dare?" I grinned but Aysha quickly shook her head. Maybe she was afraid to spill out how much of a wannabe or a liar she was.

"Scrabble!" Sophie screamed and I chuckled

she loved fun

"I'm guessing you have a box." I asked and she nodded

She brought out the box and joined me on the rug.

"Ayeeshaa.. come, lets play." She invited Aysha who nodded and joined us. Aysha always liked to be treated like a queen and sophie got her. They were closer just the way Neenah and I preferred each other.

Neenah was still on her bed with her eyes glued to her phone. From her eye motions, I knew she wanted to join so I came up with something.

"Let's make it teamly." I said and glanced towards Neenah. We had eye contact but she quickly averted her gaze.

"Teamly? Is that even an English word?" Sophie said and we chortled.

"Sophie, I'm on your team." Aysha  said and looked back to her phone. She was always busy with that piece of nuisance.

"Yeahh." I tolled my eyes