3: CrushTime (FINISHED)

3. CrushTime

Eventually, it got a little cold because of the night time chill, and I went inside to throw on some shorts and a long sleeve shirt of Roman's, I walked back down to the pool to see the guys out of the pool and sitting at the patio set.

Dani had gone home because it was getting late and school was tomorrow, graduation was two weeks away, and we had a lot of preparation to do.

I had brought down some towels for the guys, I threw the towels at them, and each guy caught it with one hand very easily. I sat down in the swing next to my brother who made a face when he saw I was wearing his Georgia Bulldogs shirt.

Heath smiled, "Back to school for you tomorrow, eh?" he said as he lit a cigarette and blew smoke from his mouth, "I'm happy I dropped out when I did."

Roman smirked "You should have just dropped out in Eighth grade instead of Tenth. That's when you started paying less attention to school and more attention to girls," he said, making Julien laugh.

Levi laughed, "Isn't that when we all did?" He questioned Roman, who shook his head and put his arm around me in a protective way.

"No. I had to help my mom around the house and baby bear with her homework, I didn't start focusing on girls until I was eighteen and out of school" he said and reached forward to grab his glass of cola.

It was also when our parents died in the plane crash, and he had to look after me instead of going to college. I will always feel guilty because he had to act as both mom and dad towards me and finish raising me as he promised me he would.

If it wasn't for me, Roman would be at Georgia on the basketball team like he always dreamed of instead of being here acting like a parent/brother and working in a garage in town to provide for us.

Julian noticed that my smile had turned into a frown, he gave me a warm smile "Baby bear always needs help," he said, making me look up at him, he winked "That is what we are here for."

Always the positive one, and funniest, Julien knew me as well as he knew the guys, we were close in age and became close friends through these six years of living with me and Roman.

Roman kissed the top of my head with a smile: "Even if we do get on her nerves half of the time," he joked.

I just looked up at him and smiled, "You always get on my nerves. It's what you do best," I told him, as he ruffled my hair, making me scowl as the guys laughed.

Time passed on and Heath headed out, Roman and Julien walked with him to the front door, leaving me alone with Levi, I pulled my legs up to my chest in the swing and looked around at the lights hanging around the patio.

Part of me dreaded the next few weeks coming up, I knew I should be excited, I mean I was graduating and going to Yale this coming year. I just didn't want to leave everything and the guys behind in Florida, or Dani, who was going to the nearest Styling Academy for the next two years to be a hairdresser for this town - the only one here was Merda, and she always screws hair up somehow, in some way.

And Roman, I didn't want to leave him behind for sure, even though he wants me to go to college and live my dream of becoming a pediatrician. Though I do hope that he tries to go somewhere for his education, even though he loves working at Folten Garage with Heath and Levi, probably way too much.

I imagine that when I do go to college things will be easier on Roman, he won't have to worry about me all the time, and that is the only thing that keeps me wanting to go through with it. The fact that if I go it pulls so many bills down to where Roman can relax for once in these past three years.