9: Date in the Park (FINISHED)

9. Date in the Park

"I am sorry about rushing you out the door. It's just my brother, who wasn't a fan of me having a date, was able to attack you at any moment."

We walked down the sidewalk side by side, my heart racing as we walked across the train tracks, I can't believe my brother sometimes it's like whenever I have a date he either runs off the boy or does something to him. I couldn't let that happen tonight, so I had to get Adam out before Roman could do something to the boy.

"It's understandable. Not many brothers are fans of their sisters dating," he said and gave a charming smile as we got back onto the sidewalk and started to walk towards the park.

I crossed my arms as I looked up at the night sky, my head going back to my brother and his friend's reactions to how I was dressed and part of me wondered if I should have listened to them instead of rebelling for once.

But, why didn't Levi look at me? Did he not think of me at all?

Adam cleared his throat through the silence between us. "I was thinking we could walk through the park before going to the Freezie Mate for ice cream or something" he suggested as we passed an auto parts store, I threw him a smile.

"That sounds great," I said and wrung my hands together as I looked at him, we walked past the store and headed towards the park gate, we walked in through the gate and I let my hands drop to my sides.

The park was always beautiful during spring and summer at night, lights were lit up all around, the fountain was always running, flowers were in bloom and stars lit up the sky as families and couples walked around to enjoy the sights.

Somehow Adam's hand had found mine as we walked the path in the park, I felt a little weird holding a hand of a guy I was on my first date with but, I think this was normal right?

The water of the fountain reached our ears as we approached and saw kids reaching out to touch the water or throw a coin in for a wish, Adam looked down at me and smiled "Want to throw in a coin?" he asked.

I shrugged "Sure," I said as he dug into his pocket, he got out a penny and turned his back to the fountain before throwing it in. I waited there knowing every couple that came here either threw one in together or the guy always gave the girl a coin to throw in.

"Your turn," he said as he smiled at me and took his phone from his pocket, I raised my eyebrows and nodded before looking in my purse and taking out a penny.

Maybe I should wish for a better date? I thought as I turned and flipped the penny over my shoulder into the fountain before walking to catch up with Adam.

As I approached him my phone rang with my Alice Cooper ringtone I had set signaling a text, I took my phone out of my cross-body purse and looked at the new message that had popped up.

Roman: You better get your happy ass back here now.

I rolled my eyes and put the phone back into my purse before looking at Adam "You look nice" I told him as I tucked hair behind my ear, and he smiled at me.

"Not as nice as you do."

Feeling a blush creep up into my cheeks, I looked away as we walked down the path, and he went to put his hand back in mine, my phone went off again and I snatched it out of my purse to see two new messages from Roman and one from Julien.

I turned off my phone and dropped it back down into my purse before looking at Adam who wasn't paying attention as he held my hand, I smiled as we walked through the park in silence enjoying the sights around us and watching the people around us laugh and enjoy themselves.