24: Sneaking Out (FINISHED)

24. Sneaking Out

"Okay, so far all I know about the dance is that it is a twenties theme. I wonder what they would do if I showed up in a- what are you doing?"

I ignored Dani as I typed on my phone, she looked over my shoulder and raised an eyebrow "Are you texting Levi?" She asked.

"What?" I asked as we looked at each other, Dani rolled her eyes at me before snatching my phone from my hand with a smirk on her face, I stood up from her window seat and glared at her "Dani, give me my phone."

"What are you doing' he says, meanwhile you reply with bored? Seriously Kate, am I that boring?" she faked acting hurt as I tried to grab my phone from her, she laughed and dodged me "'Want me to come and get you?' um, how about yes" she typed into the phone making me groan as I snatch my phone from her.

It was too late, the message read sent.

I glared at her "Dani" I said in a warning tone, she smiled and held her hands up in defense.

"Katie, Katie, Katie. You have one hellacious hot guy now, do you really want to spend a Friday night here with me? Or with the hot guy you have dreamt of for years?" she asked, making me stop in my tracks. She nodded her head and crossed her arms. "Case closed."

As she said that, my phone went off. I slid up the screen to find Levi saying he would be here in ten. I glared her way as she sent me an innocent smile.

Great, I wanted to get away from the guys and now because of my careless yet loveable best friend, I am going to have to spend time with Levi. I guess you can say that after Roman told me what he did when we were cleaning out our parents' old room for Granny, I kind of felt guilty.

Maybe I should tell him? It would take the guilt away of not telling him, but then if I do tell him he will ban me from Levi and their friendship would be ruined leaving me feeling even more guilty.

Ugh, damn it why are guys so hard to understand?!

I ran a hand through my hair and my phone buzzed, I opened it up to see a message saying he was almost here. I groaned and looked towards Dani who was hopping up and down eagerly.

"I'm not doing this," I told her as I put my phone down on her dresser and crossed my arms, "I told my brother that I would be here with you. Not off with some guy."

"But he isn't some guy, Kate. He is the one you have crushed on for a year!"

A roar of an engine was heard and Dani went to her window to look out, she grinned which only confirmed that it was Levi, she turned to me and threw her hands up "There is a hot guy out there waiting for you on a black shiny deathtrap. Do something fun for once, dumbass!"

Wait, shiny black what?

I walked over to the window and saw Levi on his motorcycle, where the hell was his baby? I hesitated as I looked at Dani and crossed my arms.

"Your parents are downstairs in the game room, how am I gonna get passed that?" I questioned her, knowing they would see me as soon as I walked off the stairs.

Dani smirked and walked to her closet "They won't" she assured as she turned around with a rope and walked back towards me "I do this all the time."

Of course, she does.

She threw open her window and flung the rope down, she tied the end up here on the rail of her window and turned to me with a smile, she motioned with her hands to the window.

"Go spend time with prince charming, Cinderella."

I just glared at her as I walked towards the window and swung one foot over before grabbing the rope and sighing "I can't believe I am doing this, right now."

She laughed as I got my other foot over the window and started to climb down the rope, thank you, gym class, for the help. I slowly made my way down to the side of the house and jumped, landing on my feet.

She pulled the rope up and laughed "Text me when you're on your way back!" She whispered as she shut the window closed.

I turned around and took a breath as I started walking towards Levi who was leaning against the motorcycle, my heart hammering in my chest.

Okay, you're here now, with him, away from your brother, away from Dani who is gonna get her ass kicked later. Alone with Levi.

I gave a shy smile "Hey" I said, he crossed his arms and smiled back.

"Hey. It looked like Danielle was gonna push you from the window for a second there."

I rolled my eyes "She probably would have if she thought it would get me down here any faster" I said making him chuckle as he grabbed a helmet from his bag on the side of the bike and offered it to me.

"Do all of your 'dates' wear this?" I questioned as a joke which only made him roll his eyes and set it on my head, he took my chin in between his fingers with a smirk.

"Nope. Only one girl does, and she is a special cargo."

My heart skipped as he swung a leg over the death trap and patted the seat behind him "Hop on."

I hesitated a hit "My aunts have told me never to get on a motorcycle, with a boy" I said, uncertain as he looked up at me with a raised eyebrow.

"And your brother said not to date any of us but, look at where we are now." Touché  "I promise nothing will happen."

What else do I have to lose? I thought as I swung my leg over behind him and looked around for something to hold onto besides him, no such luck.

I wrapped my arms around him and he took off out of the circled driveway; I held on tight as we zoomed through the city.

That's when it hit me.

Oh damn. My phone is on Dani's dresser! I put my head into Levi's back thinking stupid over and over again in my head, I knew Roman would be calling to check up on me every single chance he got, and I had to text Dani and tell her when I was coming back to her house.

I just really screwed up, didn't I?

My arms were wrapped tight around Levi the whole ride to God knows where my eyes shut tight as well. It was when he slowed down and turned that I opened my eyes and stared.

We were in front of a small house.

He turned off the engine and got off, he offered a hand which I took, and got off the bike before taking off my helmet. I just stared at the house as I laid the helmet on the seat of the bike.

That's when I saw his car and a Dallas Cowboys flag outside the house, I stopped frozen in my tracks wide-eyed as I stared.

Holy shit, this is Levi's house.

(I am really trying to update this book more, I hate writer's block

(I am really trying to update this book more, I hate writer's block. It is especially worse when you only have it on just one frickin' book! Anyway, I hope everyone is staying safe from COVID-19! <3- TBK)