17: Not a Party Girl (FINISHED)

17. Not a Party Girl

I was going to a party. I was doing something my brother was against, yet he did many times in his teen years, all I could think about was maybe I should listen to him and shouldn't have come. I mean, after all, he was the partier in his high school years.

He should know all about being wild.

As soon as I walked through the door with Dani I knew instantly that I was uncomfortable and that I didn't belong. I stayed close to Dani all through the night and watched everyone else drink, dance, and act stupid.

It was a typical high school party. Jocks acting stupid, cheerleaders hanging together, no nerds allowed because they were at home studying, a few of the weirdos were in the corner talking and others walked around looking at the house.

As I stood at the kitchen counter with Dani and her cousin, Martin, I could feel stares at me and whispers about Adam. I couldn't tell what was being whispered but giggles were heard right after his name.

Dani saw this and rolled her eyes "Ignore them. Do you want me to kick their asses out?" she asked as she glared at the giggly teens, I shook my head and crossed my arms as I leaned back on the counter and looked at the football players that were funneling beer.

They look so retarded.

Martin looked over at me "If you aren't having a good time, Kate, I could call someone for you? It wouldn't be a problem," he offered as nicely as possible, causing Dani to glare at him.

I knew Dani was trying to get me to cheer up by getting me out of the house, but this wasn't the right way. I wasn't a party person, I would rather be at home reading a book and thinking about how to stand on tippy toes and wrap my hands around Levi's neck.

Damn tall people.

Dani towered over me as she wrapped an arm around me in a side hug: "Do you want something to drink? Maybe vodka can cheer up your mood?" she suggested as she grabbed the vodka bottle off the counter. I pushed her hand holding the alcohol away from me and back towards her.

"No thanks. I'd rather drink mouthwash," I told her, giving a scrunched-up nose look that made Martin laugh.

I hate vodka. But Dani loved it.

Looking up at the clock I saw it had hit eleven at night, I checked my phone and surprisingly found no text messages or calls. Weird.

I smiled at Dani "I, uh...I think I am gonna head home."

She seemed shocked "What? Did your brother text or something?" She asked curiously as she peeped at the wall clock. I shook my head and pushed myself away from the counter.

"No. I just want to get to work on my last history paper before graduation" I lied with a shrug "I'll call ya tomorrow, promise."

Dani rolled her eyes and said, "Let me know when you get home. Do you want me or Martin to take you?" She offered, I shook my head and gave her a hug.

"No. I will be alright." I pulled away, giving her hand a squeeze before waving to Martin. I zipped up my coat as I made my way past the dancing - or would you call it public sex rather than dancing?- couples and out the open front door.

I felt bad for leaving but, I knew I wasn't having fun.

My thoughts have gathered around the last couple of days, dodging Levi and dreading tomorrow morning. It would be my first day back at school since the Adam accident, I knew it would be around school and I wondered what rumors would get started.