7: Meat Girl In A Cup (FINISHED)

7. Meat Girl in a Cup

I waited around for my phone all night before finally going to bed, when I woke up I still had no new messages. I guess it was dumb to text a boy about accepting a date anyway.

When I walked into school, all around me was the MeatGirlInACup Massacre that had occurred the day before, boy that was embarrassing, and one girl even threw a taco at me during lunch -A TACO!- because someone had gone to Taco Bell and gotten a taco for everybody. Dani of course told her where she could shove the taco before I managed to pull her out of the cafeteria and down the hall to a vending machine.

So much for hoping people would forget about it.

Roman told me that Viv had tried to get it taken down somehow but she couldn't do it. Talk about a major letdown, but he told me to let him know if I catch hell for it and he will come down to the school himself.

Yeah right, he and his friends gave the last principal a literal heart attack when they went to school here, no way I am getting them to come down and talk to the new one. From what I have heard, this one is a lot nicer than the old one, and I want nothing to happen to him.

Dani put a dollar in the vending machine and punched in A5 for Oreos, she crossed her arms as she leaned on the machine waiting for it to give her the food "I cannot believe the idiots in this place. What right do they have to make fun of you?" she complained as the food dropped and she bent down to get it.

Dani was more upset with the other students than I was. I didn't care what they thought about me, but she hated knowing people who lived right next door to her -and acted nice to her- treated me like this because I don't come from money.

She said: 'We all bleed the same, so we should all be nice to each other. Nobody is better than anybody' and I agree with her, nobody else does.

I shrugged "I guess they have all the rights in the world, considering half of them are kids of the major well-to-doers in town," I said and rolled my eyes "Maybe I should go to a county school?"

She rose from grabbing her Oreos and glared at me "If you leave me, what will I do? Hang out with the 'Hot to Trot' bitches?" she said and scowled as she tried to open her food. "I hope they all get run over by a bus."

Shaking my head and trying not to laugh at her as she finally got her pack of Oreos opened, I pressed B7 for a pack of Frito's, and as soon as the thing started to twirl so it would fall...

..it got stuck in the process.

Annoyed, I turned to Dani "Do I kick it? I wanna kick it" I said as I picked up my backpack from the floor where I had laid it, she held an Oreo out to me and I took it from her.

"If you kick it, the chips might fall out and into the bottom."

I sighed as we rounded the corner of lockers heading for P.E. "Well, there is no way this day can get any worse," I said as we walked into the gym, we let the doors close behind us and I groaned when I saw the basketball team eating on the bleachers. Of course, Adam was amongst them.

Dani raised an eyebrow at me saying, "You were saying?" I glared at her as she tugged at my arm and we headed to the bleachers far away from the basketballers. "I can't believe you sent him a message and didn't ask him in person," she told me as we climbed up and dropped our backpacks on the bleacher seat below us before sitting down.

I grabbed my water from my backpack and looked at her "I was angry. I had a horrible day and ..maybe I need a change in my life? This fall I leave for Yale, I leave behind the guys, my brother, you, and this town. I leave my life behind just so I can get an education," I said and took a drink of my water before putting the cap back on.