23: Welcome Grandparents. (FINISHED)

23. Welcome Grandparents

"How long do we have to hold up this sign for?"

"Just a little longer, guys."

"Roman, my arms are getting tired."

"Quit complaining, Heath. You sound like a toddler," Roman told Heath, as I sat on the hood of the Nissan truck that Roman owned, the Florida heat beating down on my face as I put my arms behind my head and flipped my shades down over my eyes.

Heath groaned, "At least give us a two-minute break man," he said. Lowering his arms a bit, Roman glared at him and his arms shot back up.

I couldn't help but laugh. The one thing Heath doesn't want to do right now is piss my brother off.

Last night after Levi dropped me off, Roman had been up watching an old TV show and asked how mine and Dani's school dance preparation was coming along, I was confused for a minute then remembered I had lied and said we were helping with the graduation dance-thing our school was having.

Roman didn't suspect anything so hopefully, everything was going to be good until I left for Yale. 

In the distance we could hear arguing, I raised my shades up onto my head and sat up to look in the direction of the entrance to the airport. Sure enough, Grandma Morrinon was there arguing with Harold. While Granny was making her way towards us with a look of anger on her face.

Granny was almost ninety-five years old, and yet here she was out-walking the seventy-year-old grandma and seventy-two-year-old Harold.

She reached us first and I jumped off the hood of the truck as she hugged Roman and told him something which made him laugh, I raised an eyebrow as I walked towards Granny and nodded at Grandma and Harold.

"What's wrong with those two?"

She rolled her eyes "They have been married for ten years, yet they act as if their marriage was the worst thing in the world" she huffed "Try living with a man who came home drunk every night, passed out on the couch, and didn't wake up until dinner time only to yell about what was cooked, then you wanted to hit him with a hammer to make him go back to sleep and shut up" she told me with her hands on her hips.

I laughed as I hugged her, my arms tight around her little frame. Granny might act as young as us, but I knew she was still older and a lot thinner, she bruises more easily now too.

That was when she caught sight of Julien and Heath, she broke away from me and approached them as they lowered the sign that read: Welcome Granny. She smiled, "Heath and Julien. Thanks for the sign."

I smirked as I watched Heath step as quickly as he could away from the little woman and Jul immediately looked uncomfortable.

One thing about Granny, she liked to make them feel uncomfortable. Yet, she has never done that to Levi.

Levi...

A small sigh escaped my mouth as Grandma Morrinon made her way over to me and smiled big "I can't believe our youngest is graduating! Katie, me, and grandpa Harold are so proud of you" she said then threw her arms around me. Out of the corner of my eyes, I noticed Granny rolling her eyes.

Family. There is always so much love.

Grandma and grandpa Lansen arrived earlier this morning and took the spare room, they were currently out buying food for dinner.

The drive home was amusing, Roman and I had our grandparents in the Nissan while Jul and Heath had Granny because she didn't want to ride with the married couple who were fighting. Lucky for her.