Epilogue: See You Soon. (FINISHED)

Fall used to be my favorite time of the year. But now that summer was over and I had to leave my friends and family behind, my heart was sinking like the Titanic.

I would be leaving behind my brother, his pals, my boyfriend - with who I had an amazing summer vacation - and my best friend in the whole world, Dani. And as I packed up my last bag, I looked around my small bedroom hoping that Jul and Roman wouldn't turn it into a weight room while I was away.

Being me, I knew that I had to play this cool when in reality I wanted to cry. I had never been away from my brother for long, this was new to me.

And I hope that I get used to it quickly.

A knock came on the wall beside my door and I looked over to see Roman leaning against the doorway holding a package wrapped in birthday paper.

"Whatcha got there, Rome?"

"A little something for that sister of mine." He grinned as he walked toward me and held out the package, I took it carefully in both hands and opened it.

Inside was a picture frame with a photo of Roman, me, and our parents when I was nine. It was one of my favorite photos ever because Roman had me in a headlock ruffling my hair while our parents laughed.

"So you won't feel so alone, baby bear," he told me and ruffled my hair, I blinked back tears and gave my brother a huge hug, wrapping my arms around his rock-solid body with a smile through tears.

"Thank you, Roman. I love it."

He patted my back before bending down and grabbing my bag. We walked out of my room and I turned off the light for the last time, then shut the door. I followed Roman downstairs where I looked at pictures of our parents and of us.

It was hard leaving all of this behind. But I had to if I wanted to live my dream.

We walked out the door where Jul was leaning up against my new car and Heath was sniffing, trying to be a man and not show emotion. Levi was off to the side taking a picture of Jul leaned up against my new 2007 lime green Volkswagon Beetle that Roman had surprised me with for a graduation present since I - finally - passed my driving test.

Old to some people, yet new to me.

I ran forward and hugged Jul with all my might. Always a true friend and had a huge heart, if Roman wasn't my brother I would want Jul as my brother.

A force wrecked into us and I looked up to see a crying Heath hugging us both. I patted him on the back as no words were said between us three. This wasn't goodbye, I would see them again.

And I wouldn't dare say the word to them.

My eyes flickered over to Levi who had put the phone away and was staring at me, I pulled away from the two guys and made my way over toward my boyfriend.

"I'll call you every day."

"I will always answer. Whether I am asleep, at work, or anything."

"This is not goodbye."

"Nope. This is an I will see you later."

And with that being said, I kissed Levi on his pale pink lips before turning away from him and heading toward my vehicle. I got in the driver's seat and took a breath before turning the key in the ignition switch.

I put on my seatbelt and backed out of the driveway, as I pulled out and put the vehicle in the drive I put my hand out the window in a wave to my friends.

Then, I was gone to college so I could live my other dream since one had already come true ... nothing would keep me away from Levi.

Nothing.

Alright, thanks to all who loved this story even though it took me a year to finish it! Follow my accounts above to keep up to date with my books and whatnot

Alright, thanks to all who loved this story even though it took me a year to finish it! Follow my accounts above to keep up to date with my books and whatnot. Don't forget to check out some of my other works. I love you all! - Love, Ashley.

*EDITED ON JULY 17th 2022*