CHAPTER 4

HEY I’M SORRY AGAIN FOR THE GRAMMER

COMMENT AND VOTE PLZ!!!

CHAPTER 4

JULIA

“Oh. Hi.” She said a little startled.

“Hey.” I said staring at her. Her eyes were so intense.

“I was looking for you and when I didn’t see you I thought you had left.” She said looking down.

“No I’m still here. I couldn’t leave after seeing you in that dress.” I look at her up and down. “You look amazing Sierra, really amazing!”

She blushes, “Thank you Julia, so do you. That dress is beautiful!”

“The yard looks really good. You went all out for the party.” I looked around.

“Thanks my friend Nikko did it. He knows me so well. He captured exactly what I wanted.” She says then grabs my hand. “Let’s go I will introduce you to a few people.”

Her soft slim fingers were intertwined with mine which caused my stomach to do flips. I didn’t want her to let go so I tightened my grip so she would understand that this is what I wanted. That it was ok with me, more than okay.  She responded by giving my hand a single squeeze. I take my free hand and rub it down her arm and cup our hands. I could feel the goose bumps as I touched her skin. She turns to me and looks straight into my eyes and gave me the biggest smile she possibly could give.

She approaches the tiny woman that was speaking with the mic earlier. “Mom, I want you to meet someone.” The woman turns around and looks at me then looks at Sierra and smiles. “This is Julia, she studies law with me at UCLA. Julia this is my mother Maria Sanchez.” Sierra says letting go of my hand so I can shake her mother’s.

“Hi Mrs. Sanchez, as I told Sierra where I come from we don’t do handshakes.” I step forward and kiss her mom on both sides of her cheeks.

“Please to meet you Julia and please call me Maria. Where is your family from dear?” Mrs. Sanchez asked me.

Sierra took my hand again and locked her fingers with mine. I had that tingling sensation in my stomach again. This woman was already driving me crazy and we barely knew each other.

“We are from Italy. I was born there but my family left when I was about three and we have been in LA ever since.” I answered.

“Oh, so you’re an Italian girl? Nice strong roots. How long have you known my daughter?” She asked.

“Well actually we officially met today but we have been in most of the same law classes now for the past four years. I just worked up the courage today to say something to her.” I said smiling at Sierra.

Sierra looks at me with her eyes wide opened. “Really, I didn’t notice you, I wonder why?”

“That’s because you always either have your eyes forward on the teacher or down in your books. “ I said.

Just then I heard someone call for Maria. “Well girls I have to go but it was nice to meet you Julia and please don’t be a stranger. Have fun tonight and help yourself to some food and drinks.” Maria said.

I reach in and give her a hug. “I will Mrs. Sanchez.”

She returns the hug. “Maria.” Then turns and walks away.

“I like your mom she is so sweet, and so tiny. You must get your height from your dad.” I said

“Yes I do. He was 6’5” and I am 6’0”. We have a lot of the same features, like eyes. All of the men on his side of the family have one blue eye and one green eye but for some reason I inherited the eyes.” She steps in towards me staring into my eyes.