X

Flashback
1864
Third Person POV
Little Isabella Salvatore is a five year old girl. She was pacing back in forth outside with Stefan as the two were waiting on Damon to come home from the war. To say she was excited was an understatement, she and Damon had always been close together, more closer than her and Stefan. She doesnt know why there's just something about Damon she loves the most about him. Stefan laughed breaking her from her thoughts.
"Steffie what are you laughing at?" She asked as she stopped pacing.
"You little one. Damon will be here any minute you can stop pacing around, in fact I think I see him right about-"
"DAMMY!" Isabella shouted running up to him.
Damon looked up his eyes sparkling as she ran into him causing him to laugh and fall down with her. He sat up so she was on his lap hugging him.
'Dammy I'm so glad your home! I missed you so much Steffie was a bore," She whispered the last part causing him to laugh.
"Oh he was was he? And that's why I'm the fun brother!" Damon shouted as Isabella started laughing hysterically when he began tickling her.
"STOP DAMMY!" Isabella shouted laughing trying to pull his hands away.
Damon laughed with her.
"What's the magic word?"
"P-P-Please!"
"I cant hear you," he sang still tickling her.
"Damon stop torturing our little sister," Stefan says walking up to them with a smile on his face.
Damon stopped tickling Isabella as she took a deep breath and sat up to see Damon hugging Stefan.
"Did they let you go early?"
Damon smiled looking at both his siblings.
"I'm not going back, I quite,"
"What? Damon what about-"
"Who cares what father thinks. I wanna be home with my family, especially you little one," he says smiling as he picked up Isabella who wrapped her arms around his neck.
Before anymore words can be exchanged a carriage had pulled up the front of the house and a woman with long brown hair and brown eyes came out and the brothers immediately seemed smitten by her as she walked towards them.
"Well hello there," she says as Damon and Stefan were lost for words.
Isabella frowned not trusting this woman already as she turned to look over at her.
"Hi there little one, I'm Kathrine what's your name?"
Isabella frowned not answering as Dampn gave her a look.
"Isa, answer this beautiful beauty," he says causing Kathrine to giggle.
"I'm Isabella, Isabella Salvatore,"
"And I'm Damon Salvatore,"
"And I'm Stefan Salvatore it's a pleasure to meet you I'm sure,"
"Why yes it is. Your father is letting me stay for awhile, where is he by the way?"
"In his office, let us show you," Damon said as the four were going inside the house.
End of Flashback
Rosanne's POV
I woke up startled in my sleep. I looked around and noticed I was in my room at home and it was dark outside.
"Glad your awake," I heard a voice say as I gasped but relaxed when it was just Damon.
He was sitting on my chair with a sad look on his face.
"What's wrong Dammy?"
"What's wrong? What isn't wrong Rosanne? You almost died because of me. I didnt keep my promise to you, I didnt find Kathrine in there which means shes still somewhere around. I'm going to look for her and kill her, which means I'm leaving,"
I frowned.
"Leaving? But Dammy you cant go! You cant leave me! Let me go with you,"
He shook his head.
"I put you in danger Rosanne, you couldn't go with me,"
"NO!" I shouted jumping up from my bed and running towards him as I jumped up on his lap and had my arms wrapped around him. "I won't let you leave. No, no, no Dammy. I need you,"
"Rose, please dont make this harder than it already is,"
"I need you Dammy..... I love you please dont go,"
He sighed hugging me tighter.
"I love you too sport, you've certainly changed me and I'm thankful for that,"
He pulled me away as he looked into my eyes.
I shook my head.
"Dont do it Dammy. Dont use your mind trick please,"
He sighed putting me down.
"I love you kid," he told me kissing my head before a whooshing sound was heard and I was alone in my room.