XXIII

1918 Isabella's POV
I woke up gasping and coughing. The place I was in was up in flames and I didnt see my mommy anywhere. I noticed Marcel who was tied up in a cross. I crawled over to him and undid the ropes on the cross. I coughed as he landed on the floor.
"Marcel please get up," I coughed shaking him.
A groan was heard as Marcel opened his eyes.
"Isabella?"
"Mommy and the others are gone. We-we have to go," I told him feeling dizzy.
"Yes come," he said before getting up and picking me up.
"Okay where too?" He says seeing everything up in flames.
I coughed again vision getting blurry due to the smoke.
"I'm tired Marcel," I whispered fixing to close my eyes.
"No, no, no Isabella dont close your eyes. I'll find a way out I promise just dont close your eyes!"
I didnt respond as my body fell limp in his arms.
Third Persons POV
"NO ISABELLA! THERE I FOUND IT!" Marcel shouted as he zoomed out the back door ignoring the heat and made it outside.
He carefully put the little girl on the ground.
"Come on Isabella breathe damn you!" He said giving her mouth to mouth CPR.
Nothing worked as the little girl layed what assumes to be dead on the ground.
"No...... Klaus will never forgive me. This wasnt supposed to happen Isa, I put you in danger," he cried tears flowing down his face. "I'm sorry.... I have to go, I have to go," Marcel says hearing sirens as he fled from the scene.
Isabella's POV (Present day)
I didnt realize I fell asleep. I noticed I was tucked in and the moon was shining high in the night sky.
"Isabella," I heard my name being whispered.
I gasped as I sat up but saw Uncle Eli staring at me from across the room.
"Uncle Elijah what are you doing here?" I whispered back in case my brothers heard me.
"I told you I'd come back for you didnt I?" He whispered back zooming over to me.
"Yeah, you did, I missed you so much Uncle Eli," I whispered back to him hugging his neck as he smiled and hugged back.
He chuckled.
"Why are we whispering?" He whispered letting me go.
"So my brothers wont hear?" I guessed.
"There not here which is why I was able to come. Stefan is at Elena's and Damon is elsewhere,"
"So they left me alone?"
"Your not alone little one, I'm right here,"
I smiled hugging him again which he returned.
"Wheres mommy? Does she miss me?"
Elijah sighed letting me go as he sat on the bed next to me.
"She missed you very much little one, she cried for days after your assumed departure, wouldnt talk to me or Klaus and didnt even want to feed. She wanted to turn off her humanity just to get rid of the guilt and sadness she felt, so she did and as soon as she did she took off running. When Klaus and I found her again after a year of her disappearance, she was crying while holding a picture of you and that's how we knew her humanity was back on. In 1920 Klaus and Rebekah where at a club where she met Stefan and fell in love that night. But when Rebekah didnt want to go with Klaus he put a special dagger in her that made her fall into a deep sleep,"
"So, mommy is asleep? Where is she?"
"Uncle Klaus did a horrible thing little one, he put our family at the bottom of the ocean,"
I gasped tears in my eyes.
"NO! UNCLE KLAUS WOULDN'T DO THAT TO MOMMY!"
"I'm sorry little one. I told you things with him changed after your departure. He wouldnt hesitate to kill his own family,"
"Then I dont want to see Uncle Klaus anymore!"
"He will-"
"ISABELLA!" The sound of Damon shouted as a door slammed.
"I have to go," he mouthed before zooming away just before Damon busted the door open.
"Isa I heard voices are you okay?"
"Yes Dammy, I must have been talking in my sleep I'm okay,"
"Thats good. Come on, Elena wants to speak to you,"
"She hates me,"
"Which is why she wants to talk to you," he says before carrying me on his back and taking me downstairs.