Frozen to the Touch - Todoroki x Reader

A/N: Uff, this is what happens when you take an idea of a full fledged story and try to turn it into a one shot. Be ready for a lot of background information that no One shot needs. 

Summary: Your icy cold quirk freezed not only your opponents but also your heart, leaving you with a feeling of loneliness since childhood. Todoroki tries to melt this loneliness. 

QUIRK

Ice Age – The user can control ice in all ways possible. Not just creating ice and freeze things by touching them but also having an ice cold breath as well as the possibility to actually change the weather to an icy storm.

Overusing the quirk might end up in freezing the user whom then has to be warmed up again.

-

You knew that a lot of people saw your quirk as a blessing. You had an extremely strong ice quirk which would be helpful to become a pro hero. Truth be told, you thought your quirk could be quite beautiful.

Creating snowflakes in all different shapes was your favorite. Knowing that every single one of them had a pattern that made them completely and utterly unique, amazed you.

They had a unique beauty that only lasted for a short time before it melted away to never be seen again.

Your father always had called you snowflake which you didn't mind. It made sense, really. Your quirk had to do with ice and he also always had told you how special you were. 

Just like a snowflake, you were unique in your own personal way. 

Only growing up, you would understand that being unique can also be a synonym for being lonely.

To you, the cold was soothing because you didn't  know any better. When you were a child you relatively quickly recognized your quirk.

You remembered when you still had been in kindergarten and how all the other children were amazed by you. Not because your quirk was especially strong but how much fun it was to play in the snow with you as well as how you were able to make it snow at will.

You really had thought you were blessed at that time. You made the people around you smile and even though you were shy by nature, they adored you.

But at some point everything had changed. Your quirk became stronger at a faster pace than anticipated and soon your whole being was engulfed by the icy cold.

You had been and still were freezing to the touch. You couldn't control it. People just had to put a hand on your shoulder and they would be confronted by an almost hurting touch that equals the feeling of thousands of icy needles being injected.

The air around you was colder than naturally and no matter if your quirk was active or not, your breath came out in icy qualms.

It was natural that people would turn away from you. It was too much. You were too much.

You realized that you didn't want to be a snowflake anymore. The strength of your quirk and how it affected your body made you painfully unique.

So unique that loneliness started to claim your heart. People didn't like being around you and you couldn't even remember the last time you were touched in a loving way.

The most you got were unknowing people who placed their hand on your shoulder or gave you a shove just to realize their painful mistake.

It didn't make it easier that your mum, the one who actually had inherited her quirk to you, died at your birth. It wasn't too hurtful since you couldn't remember her but there was no one to guide you.