10 Days of Love - Day 1 | Better | Dabi x Reader

A/N: Welcome to my way too late Valentines special! Since I couldn't post a story on the actual day I will be posting ten small stories who were inspired by romantic quotes of movies I have never seen. Don't worry, my other one shots will keep the usual lenght but these are supposed to be just small lovefilled stories! 

10 Days of Love - Day 1 - Dabi x reader

"You make me want to be a better man" 

"You make me want to be a better man" his voice sounded from behind you. It was only a whisper but due to the fact that the two of you were huddled together, with him spooning you close to his chest, you caught his words.

"Hm?" You were about to fall asleep, so you were a bit confused when your boyfriend spoke up after several minutes of silence. Not wanting to ignore him, you clumsily turned around to face him.

You couldn't really see much because of the darkness of the night that surrounded you but you felt his blue eyes on you.

"What would you say?" You asked softly. You felt the arm around your waist tighten, pulling you even closer. You took it as a signal that he wanted to cuddle, which you gladly accepted. Loving his almost unnatural body heat, you curled into him. 

"You make me want to be a better man" he repeated. You blinked at the words that were surely deeper than they let on. You knew that Dabi was thinking a lot about your relationship and especially about your future together.

He was a wanted villain while you were a normal citizen. This wasn't a good mix up and you both knew. Your love was stronger, though.

"You are already the best to me" you said, carefully placing your hand on his cheek. You felt him lean into your touch, making you smile as you softly let your thump slight over the skin underneath his eyes. 

You detected the patches underneath your fingertips as well as the contrast between them and his soft skin. The longer you were with the male the more you appreciated the feeling of both. 

"I know but I need to become even better. I want to be the man you want to start a family with. A man that can provide for you. A man who can protect you without having to worry that his life catches up on you. God, I even want some stupid house with some big garden, an annoying fluff ball and some little monsters running around" he grunted the last part and you couldn't help but chuckle at his description of the "perfect" family life.

"Don't laugh, you are the one who makes me want to have all of that" he hissed but there was no venom in his tone. It was more like him being playful.

"I want this, too and one day we will have all that. Well, except that you won't need to provide for me because I am perfectly capable to pay my own bills-"

"Way to ruin the romantic moment"

"-but you are already the man who can do all that. You are already the man I want to settle down with and if there weren't things we both still needed to do, I would settle down with you right now" you reassured him, slowly letting your hand run through his thick hair before leaning forward to press a small peck to the corner of his lips that now stretched into a smirk.

"Is that so? We could start with the baby making" the two of you chuckled but before you could reply he already flipped you on your back with him on top of you.

To your surprise he wasn't planning to turn this into something steamy, instead you suddenly felt his hands slip underneath your shirt and started to tickle your sides.

You couldn't stop your laughter while you tried to pry the male's hands off.

"N-not f-fair!" You giggled but his only respond was a chuckle as he watched you squirm in laughter with an affectionate look in his striking blue eyes. 

"I love you" he mumbled lowly after his hands finally stopped their attack. He softly pressed his forehead to yours, enjoying the moment. 

"I love you, too" 

A/N: Please, comment and vote. It might not be much for you but it is always great for the author to know how you feel about their stories! 

See ya tomorrow~