Roses and other flowers that tell you what you mean to me - Todoroki x Reader

A/N: I am so stupid. I saved the story but forgot to publish it and I didn't notice for almost a day lmao. Anyway, this is a request made by @squirreliii . This was requested to be a Todoroki x Reader with a reader who had a flower quirk and likes to give flower crowns to Todoroki until he makes one for the reader. I wanted to use the quirk I described in the story for the longest time but I feel like I went a little ahead of myself and changed some details. I am sorry, I just wrote and wrote and wrote and then I realized I was far too much in and thought that I would rather write two one shots than deleting some of this^^ So if you want me to make another one that follows your instructions a lot more, then tell me! I really like this concept, so it would be no problem at all! 

I also want to say thank you for all the comments you leave on my stories all the time. It is great to see that you enjoy what I write, so I hope you like this one as well~ 

PS: I know the title is super long. 

Summary: You loved flowers and their meaning. Todoroki didn't let anyone in. You hoped that if you were just persistent enough that your flowers would change that. That's how your mission of leaving him flowery messages begun until he finally gave one back. 

Growing up the thing you loved about your quirk has always been its beauty and how happy you were able to make people with it instead of its strength. Sure, as an aspiring hero a strong quirk was helpful and certainly most welcome but nothing would ever beat the smile of a child when you gave it one of the flowers that just bloomed on the palm of your hand.

Your quirk was called Flower-Sprout. You were able to grow all kind of flowers at will. It didn't matter if you wanted to grow them on the ground or on your own body. It was only important that the surface had enough nutrition.

People loved flowers and that's something you had found out rather quickly. Be it your mother who started to smile again when you held out a bouquet of orange roses after a long day at work or a crying child that stopped the moment it saw the bright color of the chamomile that you were holding out while giving it one of your own bright smiles.

Or when you were able to get the smallest smile out of the stoic boy who somehow was able to catch your heart.

Shouto Todoroki.

When you had started U.A. he immediately caught your attention. To be honest, you had had no clue who this boy was or to be more precisely, who his dad had been.

He had just stuck out the way he carried himself so coolly. Still, something about him seemed off and back then you couldn't really say what it was exactly but you felt the need to make him smile just like the other people.

It had taken exactly one rejected and three appreciated flowery presents for you to give away your first red rose and for him to reciprocate the gesture.

1. A single flower

You were paired up with Todoroki for the villains vs. heroes training. The two of you were the heroes and your goal was to reach the fake bomb that was placed somewhere within the building. The "villains" were supposed to stop you from doing just that.

You looked up as you stood before the gigantic building. Todoroki was beside you, being as expressionless as ever. You waited for the training to start but you couldn't help but feel a little nervous since this is the first time you would use your quirk in such a situation.

"Let's give our best" you figured that Todoroki might be nervous as well, so you tried to offer him some kind of comfort. A bright smile accompanied your words but instead of showing any kind of emotions the boy only looked at you for a split of a second before he turned away again.