10 Days of Love - Day 4 | You | Shigaraki x Reader

10 Days of Love - Day 4 Shigaraki x Reader

"In my opinion, the best thing you can do is find someone who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what you have"

"This is so unrealistic! In real life she would have gone for the other guy" the blue haired male beside you hissed, almost glaring daggers at the screen in front of you.

You somehow were able to talk Shigaraki into watching a movie with you. It was a comedy movie with some romantic elements. As of right now you came to the climax of the movie and the heroin confessed to her best friend who was portrait as the average guy in the movie. Beforehand she had rejected the kind of perfect guy who was also after her.

You thought this was incredible cute but your companion didn't have it.

"You think so?" You asked curiously. Truth be told, you had a little crush on the boss of the league of villains but he seemed to be as interested in romance as a cat was into eating a potato – not at all. So having him now talking about romance, got you curious.

"Of course! Girls like her, those picture perfect girls, never go for guys like him. He is a loser. He is average looking, has no outstanding talents, he isn't even liked by most people in this movie!" He complained openly.

"But he loves her for who she is and she loves him the way he is" you countered, suddenly feeling a little sad that the male didn't see why she decided to go for him.

"Love? People fall in love with looks, talents or even money. Love is stupid and selfish" you felt a pang in your heart. Was this really what he thought about love? You didn't know any details but you knew that Shigaraki grew up pretty much loveless. You still figured that at some point he had met someone who loved him or that he fell in love with but maybe that wasn't the case. Maybe he didn't want to love anyone or be loved.

You weren't sure for whom you felt more sorry – him or yourself.

"In my opinion, the best thing you can do is find someone who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what you have" your voice was as soft as the smile that played on your lips.

That was your ideal love. Someone who truly loves you no matter what. Someone who overlooked your flaws and dealt with even your not so charming personality traits and you wanted to give the same love back. Love was something so much deeper than looks or what you displayed at the surface. Love was the ability to accept your partner with all your heart and be accepted.

The aggravated boy, glanced over to you. Obviously, he didn't expect such an answer because he looked at you like you were an idiot.

Finally realizing that you sounded a bit too serious, you tried to ease the atmosphere.

"I mean, that's just my way of seeing things. For some people it might be stupid but hey, whatever floats your boat, right?" You tried to laugh it off but when he didn't react, you started to panic. "Maybe you are right or maybe I am. I can't tell because I've never been in a relationship" your face started to feel like it was burning. What were you saying?! "I-I mean, I still want to fall in love and be loved. Guess that is when we will find out who is right. Well, that's if I find love first. I am not trying to say that it couldn't be you who finds love first! You know what? Let's just watch the movie?" You suggested, clearly embarrassed as you started to fix your gaze on the screen again. Maybe you were overdoing it a little bit but you just couldn't look at the male after what you had  just said.

"And you think you could do the same? Love someone no matter how ugly, hideous and bad tempered they are? Or when they act lie a spoiled child from time to time? No matter how much that person is a fail at what they are doing? How much of a loser everyone thinks they are..." He trailed off.

That got you to look back at Shigaraki, finding his description oddly specific. He looked back at you. If you didn't know better, you would say that his eyes almost seem desperate.

"What are you...?" You asked and for a moment everything was silent. Only the movie was providing some background noises.

"I am asking if you could love someone like me?" The words tumbled out off his mouth and he looked so insecure at that moment. His hand started to claw at his neck, a sign for his nervousness. You felt put on the spot.

You were scared to confess but at the same time you feared that this was your only chance.

"Forget it" this time he was the one who turned back to the TV, trying to ignore your ever existence. Even though he looked calm beside that scratching, anxiety clawed at his heart and at that moment it felt unbearable.

He should be used to people rejecting him. Never was one to love him. He didn't know any better but it still hurt so much when you indirectly did. Maybe that was why he was so mad about the outcome of the movie because he couldn't have the same thing.

You were the definition of perfect to him and someday you will find a guy who is your equal and he couldn't do anything about it but watch. He wouldn't have his fairytale ending like the guy in the movie or at least that's what he believed.

"Yes" your voice was meek, almost too quiet to hear. It took a second for him to process that small but meaningful word and when he did, he turned back to you immediately.

"Yes, I could. No, I already do. I do love you" to muttered those words. To put your heart at the line like that, was the hardest thing you've ever done.

"Do you mean that?" He questioned, not believing that his conclusion was totally wrong.

"Yes" you repeated, your voice a bit more determined. You slowly scooted over to him, watching his reaction. He didn't do anything, just looked at you which you took as a good sign. You only stopped when you were right beside him.

"You are an idiot for loving this" he growled, meaning himself.

"No, I am not. It seems you are not seeing yourself the way I do  but I see a handsome, funny, sarcastic and quiet nerdy guy who deserves all the love in this world" you almost cringed at your own words and due to him snickering you could tell that he, indeed, found you cheesy, too but he didn't stop you from praising him either.

"I don't see a loser and I couldn't care less what society or other villains think of you because I know better" you continued, your (e/c) eyes never leaving his.

"You sure you are the one who knows better?" He taunted, suddenly feeling excited but at the same time scared of what this all meant.

"I am sure. What do think of me?" You asked, silently preparing yourself for everything. This was the moment of truth and you couldn't do anything about it. Either he would accept or reject you.

"I-" he stopped himself for a moment, unsure of how he was supposed to handle moments like this. "Do you even need to ask?" His voice was louder than anticipated and almost sounded offended. "You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and your stupidly kind heart drives me crazy. What else am I supposed to think of you but that you are perfect in any way possible" His confession was quiet aggressive but it made your heart swoon anyway.

"I am happy" you said before becoming daring to throw your arms around his neck, effectively stopping him from scratching it.

"H-hey!" He was surprised about your sudden burst of affection but it didn't feel bad. Instead the warm feeling that often bubbled in his stomach when you were around came back but ten times stronger. It felt almost overwhelming.

"I love you just the way you are" you mumbled, nuzzling your nose into his neck.

"You are the only one who would say that but fine, whatever" he growled, looking away blushing even though you weren't able to see his face anyway due to your position.

Then he carefully wrapped his arms around your form. His grip was loose, almost like he didn't really know the concept of hugging but it was a sign of affection nethertheless which got your heart running a mile. You would show him how to love, if he let you. 

"Please, never stop feeling that way"

"What?"

"I said, you're an idiot to feel that way"

"Sure..."

A/N: I really want to write more for Shigaraki.