Episode 5 - "Murmurs"

NARRATOR
Previously on Fear the Walking Dead...

(Clips of the events of Episodes 1-4 of Season 4 up to the ending of Episode 4.)

EXT. JUNKYARD - DAY

A man named MORGAN lays on a hammock tied between two metal boxes in the center of the junkyard. As he sleeps, you hear voices going through his head.

MAN
I'm looking for my family.

MORGAN
People wearing dead people's faces!

Slowly, he opens his eyes. Viewing his surroundings, taking it all in. He stands up, exits the junkyard. Leaving his gun behind, for only his stick to protect him.

EXT. WOODS - DAY

He walks through the woods, cautious. Walking as slow as a snail, a walker lurks to his behind. Luckily, he fell into a hole of dead walkers, it falls in the hole with him and MORGAN stands up from his fallen position and stabs it in the head.

He throws it on top of the pile of the undead, and rests his body on them, closing his eyes. He hears a non-vivid man calling for his name.

MAN
(yells)
Morgan!

MORGAN
(confused)
Rick?

He opens his eyes only to see a blurry view of RICK stares down on him in the hole, holding out his hand expecting MORGAN to grab it. MORGAN denies his hand, only to close his eyes once again.

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD INTRO

FADES OUT

EXT. WOODS - DAY

MELVIN and EDGAR, with bags on their backs, sprint through the woods on a hot day. Running from the threat of the undead as they are being chased.

EXT. GAS STATION - DAY

They run to a gas station, and enter it. They have trouble opening the door to the inside.

MELVIN
(frustrated)
Open, dammit!

MELVIN looks up to the roof of the gas station building and an idea circulated in his head.

MELVIN
(bold)
Edgar, hop on that trash can, and then climb up to the roof of the gas station, jump in through the glass ceiling, and open the door for me.

EDGAR
What if there is no glass ceiling?

MELVIN
Then, I'm dead and you can enjoy this shit of a life without me. Let's take the fucking chance.

EDGAR hops on the trash can, and climbs up the roof of the gas station building, cuts a hole on the gas ceiling and jumps through the hole, falling into the room.

The walkers begin to near MELVIN from all sides, and he clings to the door, hoping that EDGAR will make it in time.

MELVIN
(annoyed)
Hurry!

EDGAR opens the door from the inside, and MELVIN runs in.

INT. GAS STATION - DAY

They quickly block the door and windows with cabinets.

In exhaustion, they fall to the ground, resting their backs on the walls of the room.

MELVIN grabs a beer from his bag and chugs.