Episode 3 - "Something to Fear"

Episode 3 -
"Something to Fear"

EXT. WOODS - NIGHT

Thunder erupts the sky, the lightning cackling abruptly every 20 seconds, rain pours heavily down on to the ground, turning the once dry ground into its own muddy landscape once again.

A footstep slams onto a brown, murky puddle, splashing the dirty water. The foot belongs to a woman who seems to be in a hurry, judging by the pace of her walking.

She is seeking shelter, not necessarily a permanent one, but any form of shelter nonetheless. Her grey hoodie is covered in rain, falling down to her once-blue jeans, which were now almost half dirty from all the mud. Her white shoes were completely engulfed in mud, no ounce of white could be seen as of now.

The wind soon picks up, bashing strong waves at the woman, knocking her hood down, revealing the wiriery, messy blond hair of a familiar face. It was JUNE.

She quickly swings her hood back over her head and held it there with her left hand as she begins running carefully along the muddy pathway, battling against the strong force that is wind.

JUNE'S blue, cold eyes widens as she sees a cabin close by, her legs jolt with similar excitement to her towards it.

JUNE stops a few feet from the cabin when she notices lights reflecting the sheets that covers the window-like openings of the cabin. She takes a deep breath, not caring that the wind has knocked her hood down once again. With her right hand, she slips her knife out from her brown belt buckle and slowly creeps along the front porch of the cabin. This is all only in case whoever is potentially inhabiting the cabin are hostile.

Once at the door, JUNE takes a deep breath and gently pushes her free hand against the door, only for it to not budge. It is locked. Or something is blocking it. She decides to knock twice on the door to see if that has better luck and turns to her side so that the knife is a bit visible to whoever may answer the door, although her grip on it tightens.

Movement can be heard coming towards the door and stop at the door. A short but almost creepy pause lurks until a quiet, innocent-sounding female voice calls out.

UNKNOWN
(Concerned)
H-hello?

JUNE
(Pleading)
Hello? Could you let me in please?

Another pause initiates before bits of heavy furniture are heard being moved around away from the door, but the door doesn't open.

JUNE
Hello?

JUNE waits a few seconds before trying to open the door, the lock restricted her from opening it however.

JUNE
(Desperate)
Open the door.

A creak is heard in the floorboards behind JUNE, who attempts to quickly spin around but is knocked out cold.

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD

EXT. CABIN PORCH - NIGHT

A drowsy and groaning JUNE, slowly drifts awake, feeling the urge to rub her head due to an aching pain shooting through her skull, but as she tries to apply pressure to her head, a rope tightens her hands. She forcefully pulls her hands a few more times in an attempt to break free but gives up after a few seconds, not wanting to alert any nearby lurkers. She turns her head to scan her surroundings; in her front view is tall, dark trees, waving in tune with the breezy wind. To the left side of her is the front window of the cabin, covered by a thick blue sheet to prevent anyone from seeing in without moving the sheet itself.