Episode 7 - "Circumjacent"

Episode 7 -
"Circumjacent"
PREVIOUSLY ON AMC'S FEAR THE WALKING DEAD...

(Clips of Crazy Dog's death and the stadium invasion play then cascade to clips of Morgan and end with Madison killing Edgar)

TITLE CARD

INT. CAFE

The ferocious leader of the Black Hat Reservation, QALETAQA WALKER, is having sausages and mashed potatoes for lunch with his not so smart younger cousin, BRETT.

QALETAQA
How's school going?

BRETT
Fine.

BRETT takes sip of his water and gazes out the window.

QALETAQA
What are you studying?

BRETT
Business. Cal-Tech's program is spectacular, you don't even know, Taq.

QALETAQA
(smiling)
I'm glad to hear that but I need to talk to you about matters more pressing.

BRETT
Then talk. We have all the time in the world, cuz.

QALETAQA sure hoped they did. He inhales deeply and looks into BRETT's eyes with a profoundly deep worry and sorrow.

QALETAQA
I see that you've been struggling recently. And I just want to make sure you're all right.

BRETT
I'm fine, cuz. Don't worry about me.

QALETAQA
I know you're not. With your mother's passing, I just can't let you be alone and destroy yourself because of th-

BRETT
(interrupting)
Like I said, I am okay. Let me be.

QALETAQA
But I can't not worry. You're meant to take over the res, Brett.

BRETT
Who ever said I wanted to?

BRETT stares at QALETAQA with a manic stare as he slams his fork down on his porcelain plate.

BRETT
I don't care about your stupid Indian crap. If that's what you wanted to talk about then leave me the hell alone.

BRETT starts to get up from the table but QALETAQA catches his wrist.

QALETAQA
Don't, son. Listen to me. This is more than just my legacy.

BRETT looks down at QALETAQA's hand on his wrist. He stares him in the eyes.

BRETT
Then what is it about, Taqa?

BRETT is in a desperate need of help with a highly illegal crime he has committed. BRETT has been committing many robberies because he has been struggling with some immense, intense, traumatizing financial matters. QALETAQA's eyes drift to BRETT's virtually full plate.

QALETAQA
You haven't eaten anything.

BRETT
Not hungry. Thanks for lunch.

QALETAQA
(blankly)
No problem. Brett, I want you to know that I'm here for you. Is everything okay? Do you need any help?

BRETT stares at the man incredulously.

BRETT
I don't want or need your money.