Episode 12 - "Vicissitude"

Episode 12 -
"Vicissitude"
INT. ALEX AND MIKA'S CAR (PAST)

As the apocalypse started, ALEX and MIKA drive on the highway out of the city, desperate to find a safe place for their only daughter, CHARLIE.

ALEX
(panicked)
What the hell is going on?

MIKA
Just concentrate on the road, please.

MIKA looks at the rear view mirror at CHARLIE and gives an assuring smile, blowing her a kiss after.

CHARLIE looks out the window, avoiding looking at the wrecked cars that are left stranded on the highway. She is about to look away but noticee a sign on the side of the road up ahead that read "Welcome to Austin". CHARLIE smiles, feeling a small sense of hope that they'll reach safety, away from the dead roaming their hometown.

However, before she knows it, ALEX swerves the car violently in an attempt to avoid one of the dead wandering in the middle of the road but still manage to hit it, causing the car to fall of the side of the road and crash.

CHARLIE soon wakes up, feeling as if someone is carrying her as she strives to regain consciousness, which is her father carrying her as he walks to uncharted territories alongside MIKA. She views a cabin getting closer and closer as herself and her parents walk towards it.

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD

EXT. STADIUM (PRESENT)

MADISON calmly walks out from inside the stadium, surveying the surroundings, watching as the inhabitants walk, talk and work on crops, the sun gleaming on them all. As she passes under the arch of the stadium, MADISON'S face shrivels in darkness due to the son being blocked. She puts her hand above her eyes to block the sun as she walks out from under the arch and now at the gate, where CHARLIE and JUNE stand next to a car, waiting for MADISON's arrival.

CHARLIE greets MADISON with a cheeky smile.

MADISON
(smiles)
You're early.

CHARLIE
Figured it'd save time.

MADISON
(nods)
Well, you're not wrong there.

JUNE
You sure you don't want me to come with?

MADISON
(nods again)
You're better off here. Incase anything
needs medical attention.

JUNE nods in agreement and gives a small smile. She looks down at CHARLIE and gives her a farewell pat on the back before walking to the gate. She opens it in preparation for them both to leave.

CHARLIE looks up at MADISON.

MADISON
(nods at her leg)
You sure your leg is healed enough to come?

CHARLIE
(smiles)
I'm sure. I wouldn't be standing
here otherwise.

CHARLIE
(enthusiastic)
You ready?

MADISON smiles slightly at her enthusiasm and heads inside the drivers seat of the car. CHARLIE enters the front passenger seat.

MADISON starts the engine and begins driving out, and JUNE shuts the gate behind them.

CHARLIE opens up the map and examines it.

CHARLIE
Where to first?

MADISON
Actually, I don't have any specifics.

CHARLIE
(confused)
Then, what's the point of this?