Episode 10 - "Little Ones"

Episode 10 -
"Little Ones"
EXT. MARTHA'S CAMP - EARLY MORNING

MELVIN slowly exits the tent, anticipating another day with his supposed lover.

Flabbergasted, he views a creepily grinning MARTHA grilling meat near the fireplace.

MELVIN
Morning, honey.

MARTHA
Morning, darling.

MARTHA notices MELVIN's gaze over to the meat that she's grilling, and looks back up to the puzzled creature wondering what kind of meat that may be.

MARTHA
It's human flesh, your favorite.

MELVIN has an epiphany: realizing this may be the kinds of meals he will have to endure masticating & swallowing for many days to come.

MELVIN
Well, well.

MELVIN cuddles MARTHA from behind, kissing her on the neck.

MARTHA
Now, now. Your meal is ready.

MELVIN attempts to postpone his dining with the deceased by acting upon a love making-session with our complex antagonist.

MELVIN
The meal can wait, I want you, Martha.

MARTHA giggles as a result, having an epiphany that he loves her but not for who she is. And realizing something has to be done so he can fully accept and accompany her on her cannibalism.

MARTHA
Alright, then.

MARTHA expresses her acceptance to his request for a lovemaking session by dancing towards the tent in-between the short breaks from the kissing, motioning towards the inside of the tent to proceed.

MELVIN
You wanna take this inside?

MARTHA
(giggles)
Yes.

The lovebirds enter the tent in anticipation, as the camera zooms towards the meat that MARTHA'a grilling, indicating that it could be somewhat familiar, it may be.. the hand of LUCIANA that MELVIN presumably does not wish to eat.

INTRO: FEAR THE WALKING DEAD

EXT. ROAD - DAY

The vehicle motions towards a marked location: the location of BRETT WALKER's supposed whereabouts. As the RV motions towards the inevitable location they're determined to arrive to, they pass by a sign saying "Welcome to Beaumont."

The driver, ALTHEA, notices this sign which gives her optimism & faith, that they will reach Louisiana and there will be a happy ending for once, in this apocalypse known for the sorrow and misery it's engendered.

ALTHEA
(hopeful)
We're almost there, Taqa.

ALTHEA looks back at QALETAQA, wearing a smile to fulfill his eagerness & impatience.

QALETAQA
(grateful)
Thank you, Althea. Thank you all.

QALETAQA is filled with gratitude towards these fellow survivors who are risking their lives to aid him in finding BRETT WALKER once and for all.

STRAND
(cautious)
We're not there quite yet, say your thank you's later. Let's not get jinxed.

STRAND's past experiences concluding with misery, death and dissatisfaction has led to him to think hopelessly of any new mission that comes, as his past missions have always ended in terror.