A Christmas Tree shopping we Go

I'm so glad you're all enjoying my new story!

+=+=+=+=+

As much as she wanted to take a nice long relaxing shower, there was so much for Ariana to do, so she settled for a quick shower. She hadn't even seen the rest of her own house yet and she was just dying to see it.

"Ok, first things first, the closet," Ariana said to herself as she stepped out of the very spacious two person shower and grabbed a towel. A two person shower, whose idea was that? Ariana grinned, she was sure that it must have seen plenty of action. After drying off, she headed into her huge walk in closet, she could definitely get used to that. Thank goodness all of the maternity clothes seemed to be on the closest shelves. Ariana quickly threw on a cashmere sweater and a pair of maternity jeans, before she was off to look at the rest of the house. She decided to head downstairs first, she was still wondering why they needed another Christmas tree when they already had two. She was about to start descending the stairs when a now familiar voice called her name.

"Mommy!"

Ariana stopped, turned around and headed towards Caitlin's bedroom. So much for the personal tour.

Ariana couldn't keep her giggles to herself as she stood in the doorway of the girls' shared bathroom. Jai looked up at the noise and couldn't help but blush.

"I'm...um doing Caitlin's hair," he said nervously as he continued on what appeared to be a braid.

"I can see that, honey," Ariana smiled as Caitlin looked at her, as if saying 'help me.' "Why don't I finish up?"

"Um ok," Jai laughed at the mess in front of him. "At least I tried."

"That's right you did try, and it was very sweet of you honey," Ariana replied. "But I wouldn't quit your day job." Ariana laughed and Jai wrinkled his nose at her.

"Whatever. Come on Kenz, lets get you all bundled up downstairs," Jai picked Kenzie up from the counter and left the bathroom.

"Mommy don't ever let him do my hair again," Caitlin said as Ariana began to undo what Jai had started.

"Aww sweetie he tried," Ariana smiled.

"Its sooo bad," Caitlin scrunched up her nose, just like her father only seconds earlier.

"It could be worse," Ariana replied. "And you should be happy that you have such a wonderful Daddy who would even want to help to do your hair, some little girls aren't as lucky as you and your sister. Your Daddy loves you so much." Ariana smiled down at the little girl standing in front of her. Ariana really believed what she had just said; Jai was an amazing father to the girls and could tell that he loved them with his whole heart. She loved them too, ironic since she had only known them for several hours, but they made her feel whole, Jai too. How she had ended up in this life, she wasn't sure, but one thing was for sure: she absolutely adored it. She was genuinely happy and she felt loved, feelings that she hadn't felt in a long time. "There," Ariana said with a triumphant smile after she had brushed out the tangles and had given her daughter a set of pigtails.

"Thanks Mommy," Caitlin turned around and threw her arms around her Mother's waist, or what was left of it.

"You're welcome. Now come on, I'm sure Daddy and Kenzie are waiting patiently for us," Ariana ushered her daughter out of the bathroom. They soon joined Jai and Kenzie in a big closet off the kitchen that seemed to house all of the coats, hats, scarves, etc. Caitlin immediately went for her boots by the back door. "Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes," Ariana said as she looked at Kenzie who was sitting on the bench, in her winter coat and bundled to the extreme in a hat, scarf and mittens, her adorable little face was barely visible.

"Here you go," Jai was behind Ariana in an instant, helping her put on her coat. Afterwards he handed her a scarf and gloves.

"Thanks," she smiled genuinely as he handed her purse to her as well. "Such a gentleman."

Jai winked as he zipped up his own coat. "Are we all ready to go?"

"My zipper's stuck," Caitlin looked to Jai for help.

"Let me see," Jai bent down in front of his daughter and quickly fixed her little jam. "Now we're good?"

"Yup," Caitlin smiled.

"Your car or mine?" Jai asked as he opened the door to the garage, both girls quickly running out.

Ariana shrugged as she walked down the few steps leading to the garage. "Doesn't matter to me baby," she said, she didn't exactly know which car was hers. She took a quick look at the four cars, not bad, she thought; her shiny silver Porsche convertible that she got right after college, a sleek red Lamborghini, clearly Jai's little toy, and two SUVS, one black Range Rover and the other a tan Lexus GX, both for their growing family.

"Let's take yours, so then we'll have more length for the tree," Jai suggested. "Girls, get in Mommy's car," Jai said as he produced the keys from his coat pocket and quickly unlocked the doors. Caitlin and Kenzie rushed over to the Lexus, both piling in. "Get in hon," Jai looked to Ariana. "I'll get Kenzie buckled in and I'll drive."

"K," Ariana flashed Jai a quick smile before making her way over to the front passenger door.

"Here we go sweetheart," Jai lifted Kenzie into her car set as Caitlin climbed into her booster seat and buckled herself in. "Ok you do the first one," Jai smiled down at Kenzie who liked to do the first buckle while Jai did the bottom. "Good job ladybug lets get this show on the road," Jai said as he closed the door and then hopped into the driver's seat.

"Its freezing," Ariana commented as Jai started the car and she immediately reached to turn on the heat and her own seat warmer.

"Yeah, it is," Jai nodded as the car continued to warm up. "Oh guess what girls; I heard it was going to snow."

"Really?" Caitlin asked excitedly her eyes lighting up, she loved snow, but what kid didn't.

"Saw it on the news last night," Jai smiled.

"Yay!" Caitlin exclaimed. "Kenzie we can make a snowman!"

"Otay Caitwin," Kenzie smiled at her big sister, whatever Caitlin did, she did too.

"We'll see if we have time," Ariana turned around to look at the girls. "And there might not even be enough snow."

"Party pooper," Jai laughed as he pulled out of the garage.

+=+=+=+=+

😊 shall we have a marathon to get this show on the road? Comment!