The Perfect Tree

Off we go with the marathoooon! BUT only if you'd comment as you read because I love reading your thoughts!!

+=+=+=+=+

"Look at all of the trees," Caitlin gushed as she quickly climbed out of her booster seat, ready to pounce through the door. "Let's go!"

"Slow down Caitlin," Ariana chuckled as she unbuckled her own seatbelt. "The trees will all still be there, relax a bit."

"But Mommy," Caitlin whined and crossed her arms across her chest as she looked out the window.

"But Caitlin," Ariana mimicked her as she got out of the car; she shut her door before opening Caitlin's who immediately jumped out.

Jai laughed as he got out of the car and went to unbuckle Kenzie, who had actually fallen asleep during the twenty minute drive to the huge local tree farm. "Ladybug," Jai whispered as he gently nuzzled Kenzie's nose. "Wake up, ladybug, we're here."

"Mmm," Kenzie's eyes slowly began to open after her nose had been tickled. "Daddy," she rubbed her eyes, a little disoriented.

"I'm right here," Jai took her into his arms and she immediately wrapped her arms around his neck, going back to sleep.

"I guess someone got a little too excited," Ariana smiled as she and Caitlin walked closer to Jai and Kenzie, the entrance to the tree farm was closer to them.

"Yeah," Jai chuckled as he gently rubbed his sleeping baby's back. "But she's going to miss out on all the fun."

Ariana nodded, "Maybe we should wake her up in a few minutes, that is if this one doesn't wake her up," Ariana looked to Caitlin who was practically jumping with excitement. "Caitlin are you ready?"

Caitlin nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah Mommy, come on!" She began running to the entrance.

"Caitlin!" Jai yelled out "Have you forgotten where you are?" Caitlin turned around in response to her father's loud voice. "First of all, you're in a parking lot, do you see all of these cars? And second you know that you aren't supposed to run off!" Jai was incredibly loud and surprisingly Kenzie didn't wake up.

"Sorry Daddy," Caitlin looked down, she did know the rules but chose not to follow them because she was just so excited. She walked back to her parents and little sister, feeling a little disheartened. Caitlin always felt extremely bad when she got yelled at, especially since it was so seldom.

"Hold my hand," Ariana held out her hand for Caitlin to take, which she did. "We know that you're excited sweetheart, but we just don't want anything to happen to you. Do you understand?" Ariana was really starting to get the hang of this mothering thing. Her heart had skipped a beat when she saw Caitlin running; she really understood what it felt like to be a real parent. She was completely responsible for these two little beings and she would never forgive herself if anything happened to them.

"I know Mommy," Caitlin looked up sincerely to her parents. "I'm sorry."

"Come on," Jai finally smiled; he didn't want to put a damper on the rest of the day. He also knew that Caitlin was truly sorry and was still a little upset; she was such a sensitive little girl. "Let's go find the best tree they have."

Caitlin's eyes shone bright again, "Okay!" she exclaimed.

Finally the Brooks family was finally checking out the vast selection of Christmas trees. There were just so many to choose from and that was no easy task for a particular member of the family.

"What about this one?" Ariana pointed to a tall tree.

"No not that one, too skinny," Caitlin said as she walked past yet another tree.