Airy

Jariana is my life. So excited for my tumblr.

+=+=+=+=+

Ariana was about to follow when the phone rang, so she treaded back to the kitchen. She was pretty sure that she had seen a cordless in there. She quickly grabbed it from its base on the wall.

"Hello," Ariana said into the line, she hadn't recognized the number on the caller i.d. Of course she wouldn't, she was somewhere in the future, and everyone probably had different numbers by now.

"Hey Ari!" the voice on the other line stated.

"Dianna!" Ariana screamed in excitement. "It's so good to hear from you!"

"Ari, we talk on the phone like every day," Dianna laughed. "You're having one of your happy mood swings today, aren't ya?"

"Oh shut up," Ariana laughed. "So what's going on? Tell me, tell me!"

"I just wanted to let you know that we'll be...hold on, Ari," Dianna said and Ariana could have sworn that she heard Luke's loud annoying voice in the background. "Sorry, I just wanted to let you know that....Would you stop! Fine then! Ari, Luke wants to talk to you."

"Luke?" Ariana questioned, that was a shocker.

"Hi Airy," Luke said.

It was indeed Luke Brooks, what were Dianna and Luke doing together....Noooo! No way! They couldn't be together, could they? This was starting to get weird. "Luke," Ariana said. "You know I hate when you call me that."

"I know," Ariana just knew that he was smirking at her on the other end of the phone. "How ya doing sweetheart?"

Sweetheart? That word was coming out of Luke's mouth in reference to her? This was beyond weird, they were officially entering the twilight zone. Luke and Ariana were close, with a ton of bickering on the side, but they never became 'sweetheart' friend close. "Ok," Ariana replied before cautiously asking her next question. "How are you guys?"

"We're great," Luke replied. "Except this one here likes to keep me up all night," he laughed and Ariana could hear Dianna properly scolding him in the background. "I meant with her snoring, she has a really bad cold. You girls sure do have dirty minds."

Now that was the Luke that Ariana remembered. "Put Di back on the phone you dork," Ariana replied.

"Hey," Dianna replied. "Sorry, he left now, don't worry. So we're coming in tomorrow morning and don't even think about coming to pick us up from the airport."

"Di," Ariana protested, what was it with their guests not wanting rides from the airport? She definitely would have taken them up on the opportunity, she still wasn't a cab person.

"Nope, we'll take a cab, you guys have so much going on we don't want to impose even more. No buts Ariana Brooks. So how are you feeling?"

"I'm good actually, today was a long day but I survived or rather am still surviving. I guess the day's not over yet."

"Good sweetie, just don't over do it, Ari, especially with the party coming up."

"Right the party," What party? Ariana thought, she had no idea about a party (she still had no idea about a lot of things).

"I want that bun in your oven nice and toasty before he comes out."

"Wow," Ariana laughed. "You have definitely been hanging out with Luke too long."

"I know he's starting to rub off on me, but oh well. I love him."

Whoa...there was love involved...since when? "Aww, Di, you're going to make me go all mushy."