Snowball fights and pesghetti, oh my!

"I seriously can't believe how big the girls are getting," Dianna said as she and Ariana each grabbed a cup of hot chocolate off the counter. "I know I say that every time I see them but I always mean it. It was like forever ago that they were babies, I can barely remember them."

"Yeah I know exactly what you mean," Ariana replied, except in her case, she didn't remember her babies at all. "How about we sit in the living room, so we can keep an eye on them."

"Oh, you're such a mom sometimes, the girls will be fine," Dianna said as they walked out of the kitchen and through the foyer, straight into the living room.

"I meant Jai and Luke," Ariana chuckled as they took a seat on the couch. "Remember the last time the boys played in the snow?" Ariana asked, hoping that there hadn't been any times in between.

"Yeah, yeah," Dianna laughed. "It was what...Christmas of Junior year and everyone was back home for winter break. Oh poor Frankie."

"Yes!" Ariana exclaimed, happy that Dianna remembered and she wouldn't have to make up some other story. "I can't believe that they were trying to make snow ball launchers out of Frankie's hats; Frankie was just devastated."

Dianna laughed before taking a sip of the steaming hot liquid. "Only our boys."

"Yeah, but they weren't our boys yet," Ariana smiled; she took a sip as well taking a marshmallow too. "Well Luke had been your boy before but at the time he was a free agent if I remember correctly."

"That is true but come on, Jai has always been your boy," Dianna replied.

"Yeah right," Ariana smiled fondly, Dianna always knew of the crush Ariana had on Jai, since day they were little. Ariana and Dianna spent their whole lives together, living right next door to each other. There wasn't one detail that the two didn't know about each other. "We barely talked to each other from seventh grade to high school graduation unless I was being my adorably wonderful and flirty self."

"Which you did oh so well."

"Oh shut up."

"Didn't you and Jai date in like sixth grade?"

"Oh gosh, I completely forgot about that. It was for like two days at the end of the year, we had a terrible break up on that field trip to Six Flags. I don't even remember what happened," Ariana laughed, typical junior high behavior.

"Oh look at them," Dianna giggled as she looked out the window to see Caitlin darting snow balls at Luke's face and Kenzie and Jai lying in the snow making snow angels, Jai's towering over little Kenzie's figure.

Ariana smiled, they were all so adorable together. She loved seeing Jai play with the girls; it truly made her heart flutter. Jai was an amazing father and took such great care of their family. "Caitlin sure is throwing those snow balls pretty hard," Ariana remarked "Luke's really taking some big hits."

"Eh, oh well," Dianna chuckled as she smiled at her boyfriend dodging balls from a little five year old. "You know Luke's pretty thick headed."

"Di," Ariana called after a few quiet moments.

"What?" Dianna blinked her eyes as she turned back to her friend.

"I asked, if you were hungry?" Ariana replied. "You ok?"

"Yeah, sorry, I guess I just zoned out for a little bit," Dianna replied. "Sorry Ari."

"No worries," Ariana replied she placed her mug down on a coaster. "You looked pretty serious, want to talk about it?"

Dianna placed her mug down next to Ariana's before she let out a long sigh. "I want this," she smiled, knowing that she could tell Ariana anything and everything. "I want the happy marriage, the big house filled with laughter, the kids playing in the snow. I want it all," she sniffled, trying not to cry, she had no idea why she was suddenly filled with such strong emotions. Ariana's hormones must have been rubbing off on her.