An old friend's offer

Alessandro's POV
I took off my glasses, trying to rest my eyes from staring at the screen all day. There are too many things that I need to take care of. I could've asked Lorenzo to finish it but I felt that it would be better and safer if I didn't let someone interfere too much.

'Knock
Knock'

"Come in.", I ordered.

"Sir, the Moretti seems to be crossing the border today without permission."

What is he up to?

I'm tired of facing his problems.

"What did he do this time?", I asked.

"That's the point sir, we don't know. But, I heard from the 'Reid' that some Italians had broke into their manor."

"Isn't it enough that he killed Robert Reid? What else did he want from that family?", I asked.

Someone barged into my study.

"I have two conspiracies, my friend. First, he still wanted to have revenge and Two, he wanted their money, I mean business.", Enzo said.

"Thanks for your useful theories but for God's sake, Enzo! Didn't you know how to knock?", I complained.

"You're welcome.", he replied.

Enzo took a seat in front of my desk.

"We need to talk about something...alone.", Enzo said.

I order kevin to leave my study.

"Go ahead, talk.", I spoke.

"It's about Reid's family."

"What about them?", I asked, calmly leaning on my chair.

"They are in danger. After Robert's death, some of their rivals are not afraid to attack them. You know how Robert is, he's capable of doing anything just to evolve his business regardless of the consequences of his actions. Now he has enemy everywhere.", Enzo explained.

"Well, I'm aware. But... what does it have to do with us?", I asked.

"He has a daughter and a son. And a wife, Tiffany. Isn't she your friend?", Enzo said.

"So? What do you want me to do?", I questioned.

"Freakin' take them here! So you can protect them, you've promised Reid when he helped you eight years ago!", Enzo exclaimed.

"I'll think about it.", I said.

"Good.", Enzo said, then he left.

I ran my hand through my hair. I am now one of the most feared and powerful mob bosses in the world, but without Reid saving me that day, none of this would've happened.

I promised him, when the time comes and he needed help, I'll do it.

And I'm a man of my words.

The decision has made.

I'll bring them here, and make them live under my protection. No one can hurt them.

Without wasting anytime, I pulled out my phone and called Tiffany.

"Hello?"

"It's been a long time, Tiffany.", I said.

"Alessandro?", she asked.

"Yes, let's cut to the chase, old friend, I have an offer for you.", I said.

"What offer?", she asked.