Robert Reid-Past

I think it's time for you all to meet Chloe's father.

Yup it's him. Yes, I know he's hot, so please don't forget to vote, cute readers🙄

Just like a hurricane,
The way you break everything that comes in your way.
.
.
.

Robert's POV
"Darling, daddy gonna have to go to work right now. Promise you'll be good?", I crouched in front of my precious little girl.

"N-no... you always leave me alone..", she sobbed.

Her face is puffy and red, stained with tears.

God, this is always the hardest part.

I wiped her tears off her face with my handkerchief.

"Sweety, please look at me.", I begged her.

She struggled to held her face up but finally her teary-eyes met with mine.

"I'm really sorry for leaving you like this but daddy got a very important work to do, okay?", I explained.

"I-Is it rea...lly that important?", she asked, while choking on her own tears.

"It is very important, baby. But it won't take too long. Daddy will be back home before you know.", I said.

Her cries started to slow down.

"Come here...", I pulled her into a hug.

She wrapped her tiny arms around my neck.

"What if daddy brings you a present when he gets home? It will be a good idea, right?", I asked.

"I don't want anything, I want you...", she exclaimed.

"...But a present will be great tho..", she smiled.

I chuckled from her statement.

I love this adorable girl.

"Good then, I'll bring you one.", I said.

"Yess!!! Thank you daddy!", she twirled herself around me.

"Promise me you'll be on your best behavior while I'm gone.", I said, offering her my pinky finger.

"Promise.", she accepted, linking her small finger with mine.

"Good girl.", I kissed her cheek.

I got up and straightened my suit. It's time for business.

"Bye Daddy!", she shouted vigorously.

"Bye honey! Stay safe.", I bid her goodbye before getting inside my car.

.
.
.

To be honest, I don't like to leave my kids alone like this but I have no choice, I have to make sure they're safe 24/7. In my territory, I have my men to protect them from any harms. Axel and Chloe are both my world and I will do anything to make sure they are safe.

Axel is a very shy person like his mom, while Chloe is so demanding like me.

A little girl with a fire in her soul.

One day she would be a great leader.

Everything was perfect. At least it was, before my wife was killed by a rival gang. She was visiting her mother in Seattle when they killed her in cold blood.

And that happened because I let her go without my men. I should've done better. I know that she hates being followed by anyone. She said that it'll be alright, if only I tried harder to convince her that day.

I am still investigating about this murder and I can tell that I'm getting closer to who did this.

I promised myself that I will not let them get away with it.

I will make them hurt just like I did.

And much

Much

Worst.

I'm doing this for my family, for my wife, and for my kids. They took my wife away and they took my kids' mother away.

Sooner or later,

I'll find a way to pay my revenge.

"Sir, we know the next location of your target. It's in one of the abandoned warehouse in New York.", said my chauffeur.

I nodded.

"Tell the other to prepare their guns. We are going to have so much fun.", I smirked.

.
.
.

To be continued....

A chapter about what happened in the past.

The past story is very important to read, so you guys can understand the characters and the plots of the story.

Hope you enjoy it 😉