The Gift

Oki guys, let's get to it! Hope y'all like it!

Alastor's POV

'I don't want to do this. I don't want to do this.'. I kept repeating those words in my head as I searched through Charlie's room. My hands shifted through her clothes and her jewelry. 'Where is it?WHERE IS IT?'. My eyes scanned all her things until they landed on a single picture. Little Charlie's bright smile shined through the picture frame along side her father. Beautiful. Even when she was a little girl. If only I had known her when I was alive. Maybe we could have lived together... Happy... maybe... She could've been on my talk show, I could've told the world about my...my...Augh. Never mind. I shook my head and kept searching. I need that apple. Every demon gets their symbol. A jewel. Mine, of course is on my cane. My microphone. I put it on display, unlike other demons, to show my power. I know Charlie's father shows his on display, on his hat and his cane as well. The apple. If I get her symbol, then I will have more power than any demon has ever had so far. I need it. So bad... I'm so close, yet so far. Where would she keep it? The more I looked the more the guilt began to push on my shoulders. I moved to her nightstand and saw more photographs. I stopped short. I stared at my picture. It didn't have Angel or husk in it. Not even Vaggie. Just...me... The frame that held the photo had rainbows and hearts around it. That's my Charlie alright. I didn't bother correcting myself. It was no use. I truly wanted to believe she was my Charlie, even though that was certainly not the case. I sighed and shook my head, 'I can't do this...' as I turned to leave the room a small shadow loomed at the door. "Don't tell me you're giving up because of your feelings." Niffty frowned and crossed her small arms. I looked away and narrowed my eyes, "I don't have any real reason to do this anymore. I had my fun, and now I'm tired. My goal now is the hotel." I tried to sound confident and sure like normal, but it wasn't coming out. Niffty chuckled bitterly and shook her head, "Alastor, you don't want her. She is the enemy. Don't you see? She is nothing but a distraction. We just need to find the apple and leave! Then be together like old times. Remember?"she smiled. I clenched my jaw and looked at her, "No Niffty. We aren't doing this. Let's get out, before she finds us." I walked to the door and pushed past her, "Oh, and one more thing. We were never 'together'." I stalked off, leaving Niffty behind.

2 hours later

Alastor's POV

I noticed Charlie talking with Angel near the bar I had created. My nerves automatically started, because I knew how much of a trouble maker Angel could be. I finally reached them both and grinned, "Greetings." I bowed to Charlie and looked Angel up and down with disgust. Charlie smiled her lovely darling smile and Angel smirked, "How's it goin' daddy" Angel gave my finger guns and stuck out his tounge. I repulsed and clenched my jaw, my hands righted around my cane as well. Charlie noticed this and chuckled awkwardly, "Ha ha, well...um so how are you Alastor? What have you been up to?" I smiled and stood up straighter, "Just fine my dear. I believe the hotel is making some large improvements, and I know it's only a matter of time before we finish.". She grinned at that and engulfed me in a tight hug, "Thank you so much Alastor! I love all that you've done for us!". I looked down at her and blushed, "O-oh, I see my dear, no need to thank me. You're love is enough for me." 'Why did I say that.' "...what?" "Never mind. Anyway, Angel! What have you been up to?" I heaved out a sigh. Angel smoothed back his hair and smirked, "Well, if you must know~ it's my deathday today.". Charlie gasped, "It is?! We have a special treatment policy here at the hotel for those days! Happy deathday Angel! Why didn't you tell us!?" Charlie extended her arms in frustration. Angel shrugged, "Wasn't important at the moment. Besides, Vaggie would've killed me today if I told you. You know how she feels about you being stressed." Vaggie stormed in the room, "Yes I do. Charlie, he doesn't need a deathday party.". Charlie scoffed, "Of course he does! Angel what do you want for your deathday present?!" She grinned excitedly. Angel thought for a moment, "Hmm...Well, I do love pigs." "GREAT." "Oh no." Vaggie face palmed as Charlie began to run around the hotel, putting up decorations and playing music. She even gave Angel an outfit to wear. "I HAVE TO GO NOW LOVE YOU ALL HAPPY DEATHDAY BYE BYE!!!!" Charlie slammed the door and left. Vaggie groaned, "Fabulous. Now she's on the hunt for a stuffed animal." Vaggie turned to Angel and glared, "Trash." then stormed off after Charlie. "Well that was...interesting.". I looked behind me to see Rosie smiling. I chuckled, "She is quite the charmer. Very unique." I stared at the door for a bit, then looked back at Rosie. She nodded and giggled, "I actually like her. She reminds me of Mimzy. Just... More energetic. She acts like a little sister almost." She sighed and looked to the floor. I took her hand in mine and grinned, "I'm glad you like her, because I have...I have something to tell you..." I looked deep into Rosie's black eyes and swallowed, "Alone. You can't say anything though. Not a word.". Rosie looked at me skeptically and nodded slowly, "Of...course...". I lead her to a small reading room somewhere in the hotel and sat her down. "Alastor, what is this all about?" She smoothed out her dress, per usual, and furrowed her eyebrows. I looked at the crackling fire, then back at her, "I believe I have feelings for Miss MorningStar." Rosie instantly gasped. Her eyes widened, "Alastor...for how long...?" "I don't know...Maybe from the beginning... The more I talk to her the more I fall in...in. . . Love." Rosie went completely still. She bit her lip then stared at the fire just as I did moments before, "Alastor, she is your enemy. I don't object, but what are you going to do? Tell Lucifer you're taking his daughter? Do you expect her to accept? Alastor what is your plan?". I stood up and ran my fingers through my hair,"I...I don't have one. I don't have one because I don't plan on telling her." I stared down at the floor. Rosie stood as well and walked towards me, "Oh Alastor dear... I will help you if you need me. I believe you should tell her. If that's truly how you feel. I wish I could've confessed to the one I truly loved back when I was alive. I regret it, but what's gone is gone. You should take this chance. Well, my darling... I'll leave you to your thoughts. If you need anything, I'm right here." She rested her hand on my chest. I sighed and smiled, "Thank you, Rosie my dear.". She nodded and left me alone in a dark room with dark confusing thoughts. I needed to tell her... I want to so bad... I'm a grown man...demon? Dammit, I should be able to talk to her. How come I'm acting like a school boy again? This is complete and utter madness.

Charlie's POV

"He needs this and this and this and this and this and this an-" "Charlie!" "What?!" I stared at Vaggie confused. She dropped all the gifts I made her carry for Angel, "Don't you think this is a little much?" I looked at my own full hands, "...no.". She groaned and shook her head, "Charlie think for a moment. What does he want?" She stared at me for a long moment. I bit my lip as I thought back. He wanted a pig. That's too basic... I don't want to give him a stuffed animal...no. I'm gonna get him...A REAL PIG! "LETS GO!" I grabbed her arm and yanked her to the pet store. She yelped as she face planted into the door, "Oops...sorry! Come on!" I began to look around, "Here piggy piggy piggy..." I heard a small oink echo in the store. Vaggie's eyes widened, "No! No pig! He does not need a pet pig!" I grinned and turned around with a tiny pig with a few spots here and there in my hands. It happily squeaked as it met Vaggie's stare. She tried to hide her smile, but I could see it, "Charlie...how do you know guests are going to be okay with a pig running around?" I gasped and hugged the pig, "Vaggie! Who cares what the guests think? Wait! What if he's our mascot?!" Stars filled my eyes. Vaggie laughed, "...Fine. Angel takes care of it though. I'm not going to be stuck with it." she crossed her arms. I nodded and grinned. I kissed the top of the pigs head and walked to the register. We bought the pig and put a little pink bow with a bell as a collar. 'I really hope he likes him'.

1 hour later

Charlie's POV

"We're back!!!" I burst through the door and pranced through. The little piglet was stored in a little red and pink wrapped up box. (btw guys if y'all have seen lady and the tramp it's like a box like that when they first get lady as a puppy, she didn't wrap him alive with no holes lmao). Alastor and Angel were sitting at a table, talking which was odd since well...ya know. Ha. I walked towards them and set the box down on a table. Vaggie bought a cake and a small gift for him as well. "We're ready!". Angel grinned and stood up, "Thanks doll, I really appreciate this." He moved to the presents, "Come to papa" he opened the smallest, which was Vaggie's. He laughed and smiled, "Thanks toots.". I laughed when he showed all of us a slightly revealing red suit. Then he opened another one, which was from Niffty and Alastor. He pulled out a bible and hat. Angel burst out laughing, "Oh jeez Daddy ya didn't have to! I'll definitely use this book. Probably not for what it's made for though, maybe some roleplaying if ya wanna join me~" he winked at Alastor. Alastor repulsed and closed his eyes, "You're lucky it's your deathday and Charlie is here." I chuckled. Finally Angel opened my gift. When he looked in the box, his eyes lit up and he went silent. I waited patiently for his reaction. He just stood there though, staring in amazement. His eyes seemed to have glazed over. He looked back at me and walked over. He reached for me, then paused. Alastor moved toward me in defense maybe...? I don't know. Angel bit his lip in thought then pulled me into a tight hug. I was stiff for a moment, but quickly relaxed and hugged him back. "Thank you so much." He smiled and walked back over to the box. He pulled out the little pig and laughed as it squealed. "I'm gonna call you FatNuggets!" Angel held FatNuggets up in the air like he was a prize. "Thank you so much.". I smiled and shrugged, "Only for you Angel.". He grinned and hugged FatNuggets.
Looks like we have a new family member!

Hey guys! Sorry I said this chapter would come out yesterday but I got really busy... anyways, I love you all and hope you all love this chapter! Please leave your lovely comments as always!<3<3