Coffee shop AU

"If my parents can own a bakery then I own a coffee shop." Marinette smiled at my best friend Alya.

Alya gave me an unimpressed look "They run a bakery, in Paris. This is Gotham! You know, the city with highest rates of crime in the entire world."

Marinette gave a bright smile "That is why we are here. I want to bring hope to this city. This location is on neutral ground.".

Nino took a look around and knew that despite the city's own aura that this was in fact a haven from the cruelty of the world.  Alya turned to her boyfriend pleadingly 'Tell her it is a bad idea'. As the new holder of the turtle it was his duty to protect the miraculous.

Nino gave a sheepish smile to Alya. "It is purr-fect".

Before Alya could scold him, Marinette put a hand on her shoulder. The other hand gripping the silver ring that hung on a chain around her neck. "We lost him, let's not lose his joy".

Alya nodded. Losing Adrien did a number on the entire city. The city mourned a child and as the heroes mourned a brother (a dragon mourning the loss of her love). Those that protected Paris fled the memories leaving together bonded in battle.

It took weeks of hard labor to fix the little shop before people could actually come in.  Everybody agreed that their shop would be called Café Chanceux.

The Cafe picked up popularity after somebody named Tim drank a cup and said "Oh my god, is this what a will to live tastes like"

Alya was his hostess at the time and he felt an opportunity arise. "No sir that is on the next page with pastries."

Tim's brother Damian laughed as Tim shrugged "All right I guess I'll have that too".

Tim took no time to become a regular. Sometimes with co-workers, sometimes with friends.

Damian was also a regular but unlike his antisocial brother Damian would small talk with staff not liking that he know so little about those serving him. After months of small talk it became clear that Damian was now a close friend to the group.

But today he brought two new brothers: Dick and Jason. Tim was also tagging along to find why little demon had flowers.

"Is everything okay" Damian frowned walking them in. In Damian's hand were a bundle of Peonies.

Marinette looked at the flowers and smiled weakly at the man "Sorry Dami, Kagami is already gone and won't be in today."

Damian looked away from her and his brother gaped like fish. Damian had a crush on somebody and he brought them flower.

Tom sighed "I was hoping to catch her before she left. But on the contrary she is not the only only that needs to be healed.When did she depart?"

A shout could be heard from the back "She left on a plane to Paris yesterday so that she could see him today."

Jason almost laughed that Damian's little crush was with a different man until Marinette spoke. "But if his grave was here in Gotham, I would these on the site myself."

"What"Jason froze.

Damian boiled with anger "Gabriel should have never been able to pick Adrien's resting place. What is wrong with that court?" Damian put one hand on his crest mockingly "Yes we know that you killed your son but where would you like him buried."

Marinette nodded and her glassy blue eyes began to water. And the boys rushed to her. Damian caught her in his arms . "I know that it isn't fair Damian. But he should be there anyway. Buried with his mother. Finally with the parent that loved him."

Nino and Alya came out from behind the counter. "Mari I think you should go upstairs and rest. Maybe we should be closed for today."

Damian caressed her cheek "They are right, you are burning." Alya made a move to pick the girl own for Damian to pick her up himself. "I am fully capable to take her to her room."

Alya gave a tight smile "Give her some medicine to knock her out. You know that if she is awake she try to work through both the fever and the heartbreak"

"One year, Damian. He has been gone for a whole year, today"

Damian had to drug her to get her to rest but in her blurry mind and misty vision sh still reached to him "I miss him. He was my match, my partner." Her hands dropped and touched the ring on her neck. "I miss him"

"He was no doubt important but he was not your match, he was Kagami's. You will find your partner and he will be lucky to have an angel like you."

And she was out.