Hibration

Damian didn't want to say that he was worried about his friend Marinette but why was she curled in a ball on the floor under the computers in the library asleep instead of at lunch.

"Cheng, you are going to miss our next class" Damian whispered, getting on his hands and knees to get closer to her.

Marinette curled up tighter "I am tired and cold and goodnight"

Damian bit back a laugh because Damian knew tired, he knew it well. As the youngest son of a hero and being a hero himself. This was more along the lines of her body physically fighting her to get sleep. Like Tim when Dick took his coffee. That was worrying.

"The library floor is not the best place to rest, Bug" Shr woke up at the use of the nickname. Many of Marinette's friends from France called her that. Damian could not count the times he heard "Bug", "Little Bug", "Lucky Bug" and "Bed Bug". Even "Love Bug" when teasing her.

"Then do you think you could help me up Prince?" Marinette yawned.

Damian huffed "I am the Ice Prince of Gotham". He stayed proudly as he got her off the carpeted floor.

Sleepy blue eyes looked at him like he was see through "You have never been cold to me. Not once. Thou you do walk around like you're royalty".

Damian raised an eyebrow "Do I?"

"You would make a handsome prince" that was the moment that Damian remembered an important fact 'Tired friends have no filters and no secrets'.

If the kind quiet transfer was going to that open. He might as well take a chance. Right?

"Marinette" He scooped her up in his arms "Do you like me?" He was blushing, not he would ever admit to that. His own mind giving him plenty of sleepy ways to say no.

Tired eyes blinked slow "Like as in like or like like?"

"As in -"

"The answer is yes either way" Marinette interrupted "You are amazing. The type of amazing that defines the word"

Damian looked dowm at the girl, no woman, tring to curl into his arms "Why are so tired this week?"

"My soul is connected to goddess that hates the cold more than a bear and just wants to Hibernate". Marinette tilted her head up to looked at him "I want to go school so I can have a future.I can go to bed when I get home"

"Most people call hibernation a coma when it comes to humans"

Her head swayed which if was worrying. "That sounds nice. Can I do that?" That was worse.

Damian held her tighter as he changed his course from the lunch hall to the adminstin office. "No winter has never been as nice as the warmth of Spring. This year having a Snow Angel is Gotham, well I was looking forward to it"

"I am still here"

Damian bounced his arms to keep her awake "I not sure if you are here mentally"

The woman at the desk glared at Damian not that Damian paid her any mind. It did not matter to him what the woman made of him for what almost seemed like a drunk Marinette. "Please inform Marinette's Guardian that Marinette is sick and I will be taking her back to her home."

The lady gave Damian a fake smile and looked at Marinette "How do you feel Dear?"

"Bed"

Damian bounced her in this arms then she gave the woman a sleepy smile "I feel like I should burrow myself in a million blankets and not come out til Winter is over."

To be fair the first thing she did when they entered her small studio, that was surprisingly well suited for the small girl like Marinette, was burrow into her blankets. The pile of blankets on her bed let him know that this was not first day that she was tired.

"Marinette, what is all this?" Damian poking her blankets.

Marinette voice was muffled by the numerous blankets. "Heaven if you give me Chocolate"

Damian sighed "Angels should be in heaven".

Even if she was student and couldn't hibernate the winter away like the bed bug her other friends called her, she could still count on him to help her get as close to that goal as possible.