Colors (Soulmate Colors AU)

"Damian as heir to the Head of the Demon is of the utmost importance that we find your soulmate. She must train to stand by your side."

Damian nodded, he knew of the old legends. That the gods that made the world gave mankind the gift of the soulbond. Life and Death were eternal soulmates and shared that with the world. Nobody could see their soulmate's favorite color til they met them.

Talia frowns "Father, Damian has always been proficient in all subjects that includes the trivial dealings of colors"

"Melisande's favorite color was gold." Damian perked up at that, It was rare for his Grandfather to speak of his Grandmother. Talia even seemed to take interest "The sun was white before I met her. The lack of color never affected how well I work"

Talia bowed "I never knew Mother's favorite color."

Ra's nodded "Now wherever you look you always find gold. No matter how much gold I had I always valued Melisande more." The man looked at his daughter "I know that you have no known soulmate and I stand by your choice of my heir's father but that mean that he will not have one as well"

"Grandfather I can see every color"

"That is what I once thought. Start your training for today. We will start the begin the search for your partner later"

Later his mother was taking him to Gotham because Grandfather was murdered. Even at the age of 10 the heir of the Demonhead knew that he would never have a soulmate.

His new family never asked what color he couldn't see but as the blood son of the world's greatest detective he quickly learned what his family had been. Surprisingly his Father's soulmate, not his mother, loved the color silver. His 'eldest brother's' favorite color was light gray not that it mattered he was young when he met Barbara Gordon. Brown liked to tell stories of Tim's reaction to seeing purple for the first time. Alfred's soulmate was an unknown but her had to great an eye for detail to be missing a color.

Jason was one of the rare people to have two colors missing from vision, Purple and Red. Two colors he made a point to remind his family he never saw before his death. His sister was also rare in the same way he was, the world was not lacking any color and her heart was not missing it's other half.

The world shook when his father died a few months later and Grayson took his father's place as the head of the house. Grayson didn't hesitate to become his new legal guardian to be fair the man was not the least qualified to raise him. Although the man qualification came into question when he enrolled Damian in public school.

Public school was a useless waste of time. Damian already knew the subject matter. It seemed like less of a waste of time when Valentine's day rolled around because suddenly everything was covered in Red and Grey hearts. The only color that he had never seen before as an assassin.

Damian got into his brother's Blue Kia Stringer Dick know that something was wrong "Hey, what happened Kiddo?"

"Grayson today I found out that I am currently blind to a color"

Dick in hopes of not crashing pulled to the side of the road. "My baby has a soul mate? I thought you could see every color?"

"I am not a baby Grayson." Damian hissed. "But you are correct, I was unaware of the til today. The mongels that I am forced to call classmates informed me that the missing color is called Pink"

Dick smiled back at his little brother "Their favorite color is pink?"

Damian narrowed his eyes at his eldest brother. "Do you have a problem with their choice?"

"Nope" Dick grinned " I just can't wait to meet them"

Damian didn't comment, just huffed and looked out the window. As the city passed by he couldn't  help but wonder where his new found soulmate was.