Merry Christmas

My family were not christians I sighed to myself as I watched as my father's guests walked into the ballroom.

"You good Baby Bird?" My eldest brother whispered.

I glared at all the invited intruders. "We work with Gods. There is a two tiny ones in kitchen eating cookies and cheese. This-" I motioned to the Christmas Gala "is not real".

Grayson winked "The gifts after the Gala are real. The love that we express through them is real."

"The people are real if you give them enough to drink" Todd butted in with a smirk.

Grayson frowned. Everybody in the family knew that Grayson loved to have any reason to shower his family with affection. Christmas was the best.

"Tt" I scoffed. I didn't need a special holiday to inform Marinette that she was the best thing that had ever happened to me. What was the purpose of this day? 'To inform you loved ones that you loved them', that was the purpose of every day.

Cass took my hand and made me twirl her "Dancing"

I huffed "I suppose that is a bright side to the idiotic festival.". Dancing with Marinette was one of the only perks of his Father's Gala's.

"Pretty dress" Cass continued. Damian's fought back a blush.

"She is an amazing designer of course she will be wearing a pretty dress." Damian rolled his eyes at his sister but knew that she was right. When she walked down the stairs like a goddess, he would nothing more than a shell shocked mortal.

Jason smiled at gave a smile "Look at this dress I made. It is as pretty as you are handsome". He batted his eyelashes.

A giggle was not well hidden behind me "As proud as I am about the way my designed turned out Damian is a way more handsome." A pair lips brushed my cheek with a kiss "Not even a contest really"

I blushed beet red trying to ignore my brothers. I turned toward the angel of the hour. "Red is a wonderful color on you, Beloved."

It was her turn to blush "It is nothing". 

"I think not Little Finch" Grinned my eldest brother. Grayson took a second to twirl the love of my life. "Well done, not that we expect anything less."

I turned away so my brothers wouldn't see my face. Last time I had doubted her ablity to dress was a Greek themed party. Marinette was no less then Helen of Troy.

"You are beautiful" I whisper taking her hand.

I twirl her. Her eyes sparkle with joy "Does that mean you will grace me with a dance?'.

As we set off I heard my brother repeat Marinette's question to Barabra.

"You are lucky I decided to grace with my presence in the first place Pixie Boots"

Grayson pouted at his Fiance "You are only here for presents you mean"

Barabra grinned "Marinette's gifts to be exact. I am sure if I trust anybody elses taste in gifts."

I swept Marinette in a Christmas song. Dancing, Twirling, and enjoy the company of each other was all we did for the entire gala.

When the party came to a close, it was time for a more privite party to begin. Tood raised what looked like a Sugar Cookie Martini to the Christmas Tree. "To Friends, To Family and the several real people I got meet tonight"

I raised an eyebrow "So you got people drunk"

Jason smiled "Something like that"

Somewhere above them Barabra giggling "I bet you can't do that flip". There was thump. The giggling got louder.

"I got them both"  Jason muttered happily to himself.

My angel swatted at my brother "I guess we'll just have to gifts tomorrow"

Todd eyes filled with horror "Nope. I'll go get everyone". And like that 'Jaybird' was gone.

Marinette pulled out a small box. Damian smiled "I thought it was my job to propose Beloved"

She swatted me "And when you do, I promise you will get tackled in kisses but for now"

I opened up the small box and inside was handmade charm. I knew that Marinette was learning craft with glass but a delicate robin on a branch, That was insane.

"I didn't know if you wanted to be a bracelet or a necklace so-" She lifted to different chains. One short one and one long one. I gentally took the long one. I held the glass to the light.

"There is not a flaw in sight". I awed. She blushed

I pulled out a box from the tree "Sorry it's not handmade"

"I would be scared if it was"

I swatted at her. "How are you the angel again?". All I got was a wink as opened her gift.

Suddenly a tiny ball of love and joy pinned me to the ground. "French copies of The Kane Chonicles, Signed". Love in eyes shone "I might be the one getting the rings"

I rolled my eyes but I honestly hoped that I got to unleash my proposal plans before married because of books (And love that was there way before the books).

"Merry Christmas"