00. Prologue

Time flew so fast that the scars had already been healed but still keeps the agony inside. The pain in his heart vanished but the memories he made with her still was haunting him. He's happy, because that is what he believes him to be.

Every day, he visits the same old place they use to love. Every day, he kept on missing her knowing that the past cannot be reversed to bring her back to life. She was his greatest love.

Noong araw rin na iyon akala niya ay magiging maayos ang lahat, magiging mabuti ang lahat. But he was wrong.

Two weeks after that day, an unexpected thing happened. Akala niya hindi pa iyon ang huli nilang pagkikita but then destiny interrupted them.

Destiny took her away from him, that not all storms come to clear his path, and ended up making a huge mess. Where he, almost end his life just to be with the woman he loved.

He didn't expected that his life would changed, as a result of that someone's help and care along with the love that someone gave him.

She was the biggest fortune that ever came to his life, she was there to fix his life, even if he's on his downfall. Especially, she was there to let him feel what's the real meaning of the word "Love."

In contrast, he was a congenial and phenomenal person. But, not with her. He always get too soft whenever she's around...

Little did he know his life was quite captivating, as it started where he realized that falling for a woman someone like her is a blessing.

"Are you alright? There, good as new. Wait for me, Stella ." He whispered as he glanced at her photo that was on frame that was placed at the top of his desk on his room as he was wiping his face with a dry towel.

He immediately ran downstairs, and took a glimpse of Hope who's currently at his dog cage barking and seeking for his attention.

"Want to go for a walk buddy?" He asked him and the dog answered with a wagging tail, that means yes. He picked him up and  took the leash and clipped it on its dog's tag.

"Come on, Hope. Let's visit mommy, hmm?" He then smiled and petted him, the dog on the other hand just barked and wave his tails.

"Oh, iho? May lakad ka ba ngayon?" Agad na sulpot ni Aling Isabel mula sa kaniyang likod habang may dalang bandeha na may lamang oatmeal at isang baso ng gatas.

"Ah, opo Aling Isabel eh. May bibisitahin po, si Stella." Sambit nito, binigyan naman siya nito nang isang pilit na ngiti at kitang-kita ang lungkot sa mukha nito.

"Sige 'nak, hindi mo na ba kakainin 'tong inihanda ko para sa'yo?" Noah chuckled.

"I'm good, if you want you can eat it ‘Nay Isabel, I saw you last night, you can eat all the kinds of foods you can see in this house, 'Nay Isabel. Ikaw lang po ang nagta-trabaho rito sa bahay at nagpapahalaga sa bahay na ito and you need to be strong. Don't starve yourself po," He replied and gave her a sweetest smile and left with Hope.

"Ingat iho!" Rinig niyang huling pahabol nitong wika. He just turned back at her and waved his hands.

"Mommy will be glad to see you, do you think she's waiting for us to visit her?" Kahit parang tanga man, ay nasanay na siya itong kausapin kahit pa isang aso itong walang kamuwang-muwang habang naglalakad papuntang garadge.

Hope is his first anniversary gift to Stella. The dog's name was given by him throughout the time he remembers the day where he lost everything but not with hope.

"We will go to the flowershop and buy mommy some flowers, even if she's allergic with it. Is that alright?" And as usual, talking to a dog all you can hear is just their barks as an answer.

"Good boy," He said and gave the dog a tummy rub and grabbed the car keys on his pockets. "Let's go," Sambit nito at agad na binuksan ang kotse at inilagay si Hope sa passenger's seat.

Pagkarating ng flowershop ay agad silang bumaba at pumasok sa loob, the staffs greeted him a one 'good morning' and plastered a smile.

"What flower does mommy like, hmm?" He asked the dog. He got no response so, he decided to pick some.

"Hmm... one Alstroemerias and Iris please." He estimated to the florist.

"Naks naman sir, ang swerte naman po ng nililigawan niyo. For sure she'll love the flowers you've picked for her." Sinuklian niya lamang ito ng isang pilit na ngiti.

"Nope, she's notthe one who‘s lucky. In fact, I'm the one who's lucky to have her." Saad niya. "Do you think, she will love it?" He added, the woman florist just nodded.

"You may take a seat sir, while waiting for your boquet of flowers ‘till it gets done." wika nitong muli bago umupo sa pinakasulok na table ng flowershop. Minutes past, and the bouquet of flowers have already effectuated.

He left the shop and drove by her location with a smile plastered on his face, he didn't know why but it‘s been awhile since the last time he visited her. He still can't help himself to smile whenever he's going to visit her. Pero, agad rin naman iyon napawi at napalitan ng lungkot at pighati nang makarating siya sa lugar na paroroonan.

He lifted Hope up and walked towards the door and opened it. Masyadong tahimik ang kapaligiran. Walang ingay na naririnig at tanging huni lamang ng mga ibon ang umaalingawngaw sa kaniyang pandinig.

Just at the door he could already smell the fragrance of the scented candle, Lavender. That‘s her scent. He took a gape at her she was smiling back at him. Those precious smiles he haven't seen for almost four decades the feels of longing for her. Four decades felt so long and the last time she saw her smile like this is when is left him alone.

"I missed you so much," Noah whisphered.

Agad siyang lumapit sa kinaroroonan niya, dala-dala nito ang mga bulaklak na ibibigay sa kaniya. He knew she won't be happy with what he brought, dahil sa una pa lang ay bawal siya sa bulaklak at gusto niyang magtipid at ipunin na lamang ang mga perang ginagastos sa mga ganitong bagay. But, it doesn't matter anymore, as long as he wants her to be happy.

At sabi pa nga ng mga matatanda, ang paglalagay daw ng bulaklak sa puntod ng taong pinakamamahal mo ay isang simbolo na hindi mo sila nakakalimutan at kapag naman matagal mamatay ang bulaklak na inilagay mo batid niyon ay nagagalak ang taong inalayan mo nito.

He placed the bouquet of flowers beside her, agad rin naman siyang umupo sa tabi niya, may kung ano sa loob nito ang tila ba'y pinipisil sa sobrang sakit na nararamdaman niya ngayon. Labis ang pangungulila nito sa kaniya, he just don't want to feel this feeling anymore. But, she is letting him to it feel this way.

Nang hindi na nitong kayang mag tagal sa loob ay napagpasyahan niyang lumabas sa  ng kwartong iyon habang buhat-buhat ang kulay uling na aso sa kaniyang mga braso, tears were streaming down through his face. Ang buong akala niya ay okay na, na kapag binisita niya ito ay magiging maayos na ang lahat. Akala niya malakas na siya para harapin muli ito. Pero, bakit? Bakit hindi niya man lang kayang magtagal doon?

Tumitig siya sa kawalan at napahinto naman sila ng aso niyang si Hope atsaka pinunasan ang luhang tumutulo mula sa kaniyang mata.

"Lagi mong tatandaan mahal na mahal kita." Tila isang hangin ang bumulong sa kaniyang isipan.

Kung sana pala sa una pa lang ay sinabi niya na, siguro may paraan pa para manatili siyang nasa tabi nito ngayon.

"Hope, let's go home." Masaya nguni't may puot pa rin na aniya atsaka tumayo at muling sinulyapan ang langit na kulay asul kasabay no'n ay paghangin ng malakas.

If he could only turn back the time where that tragic incident happened way back four years ago maybe right now, he could still hear her sweet laugh, her mad voice every time she gets upset, and especially the feeling he used to feel when she‘s with him.

It is not all about how he feels it is about that time when she left him with a feeble smile on her face.

Memories are keep flashing back, so as the memories keep coming back, living in a life without you.