35

"jihoon-ah, i missed you." soonyoung says, wrapping his arms around jihoon, hugging him tightly.

- flashback -

soonyoung made it fine into reality. when he woke up, everybody was ecstatic. they were so happy soonyoung finally made it back. he woke up, remembering everybody and even everything from the other world. he remembered all the times he spent with jihoon, all the sweet memories. but when he looked to his side, he sees his boyfriend still unconcious.

"jihoonie? jihoon-ah! no, no!" the thing soonyoung was most afraid of, might've come true. he was afraid that both of them wouldn't make it back together.

mingyu stares at soonyoung who was at jihoons side, holding his hand tightly, just waiting for the other to wake up. he has been sitting there, waiting. the only time he gets up is for using the toilet and that's it. he wouldn't leave until the other wakes up.

soonyoung blamed everything on himself. he thought if he didn't insist on staying for a longer time, maybe they could've made it back together.

but.. jihoon can make it back alone, right? he has been travelling back and forth, he knows how to come and go. he has to know how to come back, right?

- flashback -

'jihoonie?' the man thought to himself, still trying to sit up. he was shocked as he was met with a tight hug all of the sudden. he didn't even get to see who hugged him, his vision was still a little blurry and everything around still looked yellow to him.

"jihoon-ah. i missed you." the other says, pulling away from the hug.

the man, now sitting up properly, looks up to see a somewhat familiar face, but at the same time, he couldn't recognise the man in front of him either.

"are you ok? are you still shaken up by what happened? was it hard to come back alone? i'm sorry, too many questions at once. the others are out now, i'm the only one at home now to watch over you. anyway, i'm so glad and relieved that you're back now, i was so scared that you'd get stuck in there." the man smiles from ear to ear, looking excited and happy.

'what happened? come back alone? the others? watch over me? what is going on?' the man rubbed his eyes and looked at the man in front of him, confused.

he was pretty sure he knew this man, but at the same time he couldn't remember him either.

"who.. are you? and why am i here?" he says carefully, looking at the smile in front of him disappear.

he watches the other swallow and heaved a sigh before answering. he thinks he already knows what is going on. what he was so afraid of, actually came true.

"i'm soonyoung. kwon soonyoung." he says, shifting in his seat, inching away from the shorter to let the other be more comfortable.

"i see. so, kwon soonyoung. where am i?"

"you are in our house."

"our?"

"a few of us live together- not few- we have 13 people sharing this big house, including you. haha." soonyoung tries to make a joke, to loosen the tension in the air. jihoon really didn't remember him. it is going to be hard for him now. it hurts. what if jihoon doesn't love him anymore? what if jihoon won't fall in love with him just like how he did before? that was what he really feared for.

"i'm sorry. are we friends or something? how close are we? i really don't remember anything. or are we all just housemates?" jihoon asks, trying to get as many answers as possible.

soonyoung gulps. he didn't know what to really say. a part of him was afraid of telling jihoon that they were dating. to be fair, they never dated in reality. they were just really close friends that had some romantic tension between each other that neither of them ever addressed.

"um. we are very close. our relationship is.. is like.."

what if jihoon can never remember what happened in the other world ever and can only remember the things in reality? then he wouldn't know how close they both have gotten and how intimate they got for the past few weeks in the other world. he wasn't sure what was the best answer for jihoon, he didn't want to lose jihoon but he didn't want to lie to jihoon either.

"we.. are a little more than friends. i'm not sure if you remember anything about us but," soonyoung all of the sudden felt shy, the confidence he had in the other world when he flirted with jihoon all day long was gone. he was back to being awkward and shy again.

"but?" jihoon stares at the other, slightly mesmerized by the others face. honestly, he was a little happy and relieved to hear that they were more than friends. he felt some kind of connection with soonyoung.

"i.. i'll try to help you remember the things we've done together. and.. you can tell me what you think.."

"think of?"

"what our relationship is.. if you'll let me h-"

"i will. help me, i feel it too." jihoon says, looking at soonyoung with innocent eyes.

the taller was confused but a little happy, relieved. the other still had feelings for him, although he doesn't remember him so much.

jihoon places his hand on soonyoungs, holding it, then intertwining his fingers with soonyoungs.
"i think we are, something. i don't think i mind this. my body says it feels right, too."

soonyoung blushed, wanting hiding his face from the other bur didn't. he usually doesn't blush for jihoon but, he was truly flustered and taken aback.

out of the blue, footsteps and loud noises could be heard upstairs, breaking the twos slightly awkward silence.

"they must be back." jihoon says softly as soonyoung hums and nods.

the taller thinks for a while before opening his mouth to speak,
"..so, are we dating now?"

"i'm not sure what you are thinking of but no, we are not dating or anything, right? i feel a connection with you, i would like you to help me find out what that is. is that ok with you?"
jihoon gives soonyoung a warm smile, soonyoung was kind of embarrassed but also felt determined to help jihoon get his memories back.

jihoon was always there for him from the start. it was his turn to return the favour.

"of course. at any given time in any universe, i would lend you my hand and guide you to wherever you want to go, lee jihoon."

jihoon smiles softly, eyes like beautiful crescents, cheeks warm with a little bit of a blush and lips so pink that soonyoung just wants to give him the biggest kiss. but unfortunately, he can't. he is still as in love as he was way before and even in the other world. he has never stopped loving jihoon. a part of him is so sure that jihoon never stopped either. he just has to help jihoon realise and remember that.

soonyoung will wait until jihoon remembers the love they shared. even if it takes forever.

- end -

|hello! thank you for reading until the end! the book has officially ended~ i'm sorry if it didn't turn out the way you expected it to be and if it was a little anticlimatic or disappointing.. my writing isn't the best either(please excuse my spelling and grammatical errors!) , i tried my best to make it exciting and interesting for you guys! i hope you all still liked it..

anyway, thank you for sticking around once again and please comment your thoughts about this whole story and plot! i know it is inconsistent, i might do a revamp of this in the future when my writing gets better.

if you have any troubles understanding the concept or you are still confused with the plot, you can ask me in the comments! i can explain further (:

goodbye now i love you guys thankyouuuuu|