The Mask Breaks

• Dedicated to Everyone Reading This!

-Angel DeathWish POV-

Jagger has been taken away to sit with Poison and Ghoul. I sit by the burnt-down diner, staring at the rubble. Cyanide Violence is the only thing on my mind.

Space Cola sits down next to me. "Angel...?" she says softly, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"don't TOUCH me!" I hiss, shoving her hand away.

Cola bites her lip and stares at me. I glare out to the horizon, refusing to meet her eyes. I sigh and turn my glare to her. "what?"

Cola looks out at the smoking pile of rubble that used to be the diner. "I'm sorry..."

"for?"

"I know how much you loved him"

"I did....I do...."

Space Cola reaches out a tentative hand. I glance at her and see tear tracks down her face. I sigh heavily and take her hand. We sit like that for a few minutes, just holding hands, Cola leaning lightly on me.

Jagger walks over slowly and sits in my lap. "Miss?"

I lean my cheek on his head. "Yes Jagger?"

"I miss Cy" Jagger sniffles.

I wrap my arms around Jagger and so does Cola. We all hug together, comforting each other. Jagger quietly sobs, Space Cola crying as well. I hold my ground and refuse to drop my solemn mask.

Jagger burrows into me and brushes hair from his face. He's soon asleep. Space Cola rubs circles on his back and he smiles in his sleep.

"He's so peaceful" Cola says softly.

I take a deep breath, blinking rapidly. "yeah...."

Cola notices my tear-filled eyes. "Honey, it's ok to cry...."

I bite my lip and look at her. My mask cracks a little, but remains in place. I shake my head. "I can't. It's a sign of weakness."

Cola half-smiles. "It's a sign that you have a heart. That you care."

I look into her wide brown eyes and something happens. Maybe all the stress gets to me? The shock of losing Cyanide? I'm not sure.

My mask crumbls into pieces.

I break down and begin to sob, giant cries of pain. Space Cola hugs me close and comforts me. Tears run down my face and I think of my happiest moment with Cyanidez

-----

"Angel!"

I turn and spot Cyanide running toward me, hiding something behind his back.

"Whatcha got?" I ask, craning my neck to see.

He smiles micheviously and ducks away, not letting me see. "You have to close your eyes!"

I sigh and close my eyes. "Idiot"

Cyanide chuckles and I feel him behind me. His fingers brush away my hair and I feel a necklace being placed around my neck. The cool metal falls against my chest and Cyanide's arms slip around my wasit, his chin on my shoulder.

"Open"

My eyes open and my hands fly to my neck, grabbing the necklace. I look down and see a thin silver chain, with a Linkin Park logo pendant hanging from it. I squeal in happiness and turn to kiss Cyanide.

"Oh my god! Thank you!"

He grins and pulls me close. "I'm glad you like it..." he breaths in my ear.

-----

My sobs calm after a while and Space Cola sits back. "are you ok?" she asks gently.

I wipe away the tears and shake my head. Cola nods in understanding and picks up Jagger. "I'll leave you alone...."

Cola carries Jagger back over to the two killjoy men. I put my head in my hands and sniff. I think back over my time with Cyanide and remember one memory in particular.

-----

"Cy, if you ever die, I'm going too" I say absently.

Cyanide looks sharply at me. "what?"

I look up at him from my spot in his lap. I brush back my hair and smile. "if you ever get killed, I'm going to die too" I say simply.

Cyanide frowns. "Angel, you're not killing yourself to be with me. Your name is angel, remember? Not juliet. I'm Cyanide, not Romeo"

I laugh and shake my head. "I know. But I'm still doing it. I couldn't live without you....."

Cyanide thinks it over. Then he sighs and runs a hand through my hair. "Fine. If I die, you die. And vice versa. Agreed?"

I grin and nod. "agreed"

Cyanide leans down and kisses my head. "I couldn't live without you either"

-----

I remember that day clearly.

Cyanide Violence is dead.

I can't live without him.

Today I is the day I die.

-----

Hey guys! Feedback? Please! I love hearing from you guys!

Chapter dedication to everyone reading this fic! :D

Love you all!

~Stevie<3